How to check which CPU we are using in vxWorks's shell - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to check which CPU we are using in vxWorks's shell - VxWorks ; rt....

  1. How to check which CPU we are using in vxWorks's shell

    rt.

  2. Re: How to check which CPU we are using in vxWorks's shell

    Many BSPs declare a function like sysInfo() or sysModel() which should
    return the information you are looking for.

    --

    Regards,

    Graham Baxter - AVAILABLE SOON FOR A NEW ASSIGNMENT
    Freelance Software Engineer (VxWorks, Linux and pSOS BSPs)
    Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

    "jeanwelly" wrote in message
    news:1136527560.458530.17790@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > rt.

  3. Re: How to check which CPU we are using in vxWorks's shell

    I checked my system, unfortunatelly, I didn't got which I want from
    BSP. Are there any other ways can do this?
    Thanks a lot!

  4. Re: How to check which CPU we are using in vxWorks's shell

    It depends on what type of processor. On PowerPC there is the Special
    Purpose Register (SPR) Processor Version Register (PVR) register.

    There may be a function like vxPvrGet() to read it or use assembler:

    mfspr r0, PVR

    which moves the contents of the register into General Purpose Register 0.

    -

    --

    "jeanwelly" wrote in message
    news:1137165367.776130.303810@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    >I checked my system, unfortunatelly, I didn't got which I want from
    > BSP. Are there any other ways can do this?
    > Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread