ixWorks romsize tool source code - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ixWorks romsize tool source code - VxWorks ; Hi, We're using Tornado IxWorks 1.1 in a Windows/Cygwin environment. It looks like the version of the romsize.exe tool is reporting bogus numbers when calculating a failing image size. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the ...

  1. ixWorks romsize tool source code

    Hi,
    We're using Tornado IxWorks 1.1 in a Windows/Cygwin environment. It
    looks like the version of the romsize.exe tool is reporting bogus
    numbers when calculating a failing image size. Does anyone know where
    I can get my hands on the source code to figure out why it's failing to
    report proper numbers? This version olf romsize.exe supports:
    $ romsize
    usage: romsize [[-k nnn]|[-b xxx]] [-s xxx]

    I have found source for earlier/later/other versions of this tool but
    they don't offer the above particular set of input parms so I don't
    know how different it might be from them.

    Does anyone know if romsize does anthing else other than do a
    calculation, that is, does it do anything to the image that it's
    processing?

    TIA

  2. Re: ixWorks romsize tool source code

    romsize is not particularly useful,
    I recommmend simply removing it from the make files.

    (ixworks is still alive, wow! 960 or strongarm ?)

    I still keep an iq960rd around as a poor man's PCI bus analyzer.

    nomeansno wrote:
    > Hi,
    > We're using Tornado IxWorks 1.1 in a Windows/Cygwin environment. It
    > looks like the version of the romsize.exe tool is reporting bogus
    > numbers when calculating a failing image size. Does anyone know where
    > I can get my hands on the source code to figure out why it's failing to
    > report proper numbers? This version olf romsize.exe supports:
    > $ romsize
    > usage: romsize [[-k nnn]|[-b xxx]] [-s xxx]
    >
    > I have found source for earlier/later/other versions of this tool but
    > they don't offer the above particular set of input parms so I don't
    > know how different it might be from them.
    >
    > Does anyone know if romsize does anthing else other than do a
    > calculation, that is, does it do anything to the image that it's
    > processing?
    >
    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread