Shell reboot command error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Shell reboot command error - VxWorks ; Hi I have an x86 target running VxWorks 5.5. The shell reboot command is generating an error and not warm rebooting the target. The error is (tShell): dosFsLib.c : ERROR reading the device boot sector (tShell): dosFsLib.c : media not ...

  1. Shell reboot command error

    Hi

    I have an x86 target running VxWorks 5.5. The shell reboot command is
    generating an error and not warm rebooting the target. The error is

    (tShell): dosFsLib.c : ERROR reading the device boot sector
    (tShell): dosFsLib.c : media not formatted or not present

    I have dosFs2 configured in my kernel. Can anyone shed any light on
    this?
    I had no problems with 5.4.

    I believe there is a problem with my kernel configuration, but any help
    will be appreciated.

    Regards

    Dave

  2. Re: Shell reboot command error

    Hello Dave,
    ist the default bootline containing the correct boot device?

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  3. Re: Shell reboot command error

    Hello Martin

    The default boot device is the floppy disk.
    Unfortunately, due to legacy systems, the kernel must
    boot from either floppy or Compact Flash on the secondary IDE
    channel.
    This configuration works ok, apart from the reboot problems
    I am experiencing.
    I shall experiment with changing the boot device to the ATA.

    Regards

    Dave

  4. Re: Shell reboot command error

    Hello Vinay,
    Even i have experienced the same kinda problem when i'm booting VxWorks
    5.5 from the IDE.However the same "reboot" command works fine when i
    boot the target from the floppy. I'm still digging out the reason for
    the same.

    Regards
    Vijay

+ Reply to Thread