Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image - VxWorks ; I have a PowerPC750 board with 128 MB RAM.On one occasion when i try to download an image of around 36 MB through tornado the loader throws the following error: WTX Error 0x10034 (LOADER_RELOCATION_OFFSET_TOO_LARGE) On another instance an image of ...

  1. Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

    I have a PowerPC750 board with 128 MB RAM.On one occasion when i try to
    download an image of around 36 MB through tornado the loader throws the
    following error:

    WTX Error 0x10034 (LOADER_RELOCATION_OFFSET_TOO_LARGE)
    On another instance an image of even 80 MB downloads without any error.
    Only difference between the first and the second image is that some
    functionalities like SNMP,ALARM are enabled in the first image but are
    disabled in the second one.
    Moreover,if i shutdown the target server and restart it 4 to 5 times
    then the first image downloads without any error.Can anyone tell me the
    reason for this behaviour?

  2. Re: Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

    What Tornado Version are we talking about? 2.0, 2.2, 2.2.1?
    And on which host) Win XP, Win2000, Solaris or HP-UX?

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  3. Re: Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

    it is Tornado 2.0 and host is WinXP

    thanks

  4. Re: Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

    In my limited experience, WTX Error 0x10034 can be solved by compiling
    with the option -mlongcall
    I have no idea why 4-5 repetitions solves this problem.

  5. Re: Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

    Hello muditsimlote,

    muditsimlote@yahoo.co.in schrieb:
    > it is Tornado 2.0 and host is WinXP

    I am not sure, if this is the same symptom, but also on WinXP and
    Tornado 2.0 I experienced instability on downloading large images.
    The solution has been to introduce another PC, where the target server
    has been located. So I had PC1 carrying Tornado and PC2 carrying the
    registry and the target server.
    The download errors disappeared completely and the download speed
    increased as well.
    To achieve that set the remote registry in PC1's Tornado to point to PC2.

    Hope it helps.

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  6. Re: Loader error in Tornado while downloading the image

    Yes, longcall is the correct option to use.

    It might be every time you load you are loading into a different address.

    Eventually, the address referred to by your downloadable object are within
    range.

    --

    Regards,

    Graham Baxter - AVAILABLE SOON FOR A NEW ASSIGNMENT
    Freelance Software Engineer (VxWorks, Linux and pSOS BSPs)
    Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

    wrote in message
    news:1136509016.279020.110840@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > In my limited experience, WTX Error 0x10034 can be solved by compiling
    > with the option -mlongcall
    > I have no idea why 4-5 repetitions solves this problem.

+ Reply to Thread