Target memory corruption by Tornado loader - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Target memory corruption by Tornado loader - VxWorks ; Hello everybody. we are using three VME boards with a Motorola MPC750 and VxWorks 5.4.2 as OS with 128 Mb RAM. Each board maps the memory space of the other boards and its own memory space on 3 VME windows, ...

  1. Target memory corruption by Tornado loader

    Hello everybody.

    we are using three VME boards with a Motorola MPC750 and VxWorks 5.4.2
    as OS with 128 Mb RAM. Each board maps the memory space of the other
    boards and its own memory space on 3 VME windows, one from 0x94000000
    to 0x9BFFFFFF, the second from 0x9C000000 to 0xA3FFFFFF and the third
    from 0xA4000000 to 0xABFFFFFF. When we load an application to a board
    with Tornado we "corrupt" the memory windows and the program crashes.
    It happens, for instance, that before the download in the shell we
    could read the value *(0x9C000000) but after the application load at
    the *(0x9C000000) we get this message
    "WTX Error 0x100ca (AGENT_MEM_ACCESS_ERROR)
    0x9C000000: value = -1 = 0xffffffff". If we then run tha application we
    read all the window and we get an application crash.
    Have you got any suggestion on what I can do to fix this problem?

    Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

    Kind regards,
    Ska

  2. Re: Target memory corruption by Tornado loader

    Hello

    We found that this problem happens with a big application only (35
    Mbyte).
    Is there a way to strip the application (to remove everything unuseful
    except for debug purposes)?

    Cheers,
    Ska
    Ska ha scritto:

    > Hello everybody.
    >
    > we are using three VME boards with a Motorola MPC750 and VxWorks 5.4.2
    > as OS with 128 Mb RAM. Each board maps the memory space of the other
    > boards and its own memory space on 3 VME windows, one from 0x94000000
    > to 0x9BFFFFFF, the second from 0x9C000000 to 0xA3FFFFFF and the third
    > from 0xA4000000 to 0xABFFFFFF. When we load an application to a board
    > with Tornado we "corrupt" the memory windows and the program crashes.
    > It happens, for instance, that before the download in the shell we
    > could read the value *(0x9C000000) but after the application load at
    > the *(0x9C000000) we get this message
    > "WTX Error 0x100ca (AGENT_MEM_ACCESS_ERROR)
    > 0x9C000000: value = -1 = 0xffffffff". If we then run tha application we
    > read all the window and we get an application crash.
    > Have you got any suggestion on what I can do to fix this problem?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Ska

+ Reply to Thread