How to avoid default printing ? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to avoid default printing ? - VxWorks ; Once my program executed , I am getting some default print message like, " value = 2 = 0x2 " how to avoid this display...

  1. How to avoid default printing ?

    Once my program executed , I am getting some default print message
    like,

    " value = 2 = 0x2 "

    how to avoid this display

  2. Re: How to avoid default printing ?

    Raja wrote:

    >Once my program executed , I am getting some default print message
    >like,
    >
    >" value = 2 = 0x2 "
    >
    >how to avoid this display

    Short answer:

    You can't and you don't want to.

    Longer answer:

    The console command line interpreter (CLI) performs any indicated math,
    substitutes any symbolic references with values from the symbol table,
    and then calls the function that is the command portion of the line
    with the entered parameters. (Unspecified parameters are assigned the
    value zero.) That function executes in the context of the shell task,
    generates any output that it might, and untimately and ultimately
    returns to the CLI. The return value of that function is the value
    that is displayed.

    The reason that you don't want to inhibit the display of command functions'
    return values is that doing so would make it very difficult to use the
    shell's ability to be used as a debugger.