How to change text color - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to change text color - VxWorks ; Hi everybody.. Can any one tell me how to change text color in vxworks ? .. If possible where can i find those details? -Raja....

  1. How to change text color

    Hi everybody..

    Can any one tell me how to change text color in vxworks ? .. If
    possible where can i find those details?

    -Raja.

  2. Re: How to change text color

    Raja wrote:

    >Hi everybody..
    >
    > Can any one tell me how to change text color in vxworks ?

    Unless your target has a color display system supported by its BSP,
    VxWorks doesn't have text color. I suspect you mean Tornado rather
    than VxWorks.

    > .. If
    >possible where can i find those details?

    Check the index entry for "color" in the Tornado User's Guide.

    | two, one and one make one."

  3. Re: How to change text color

    Dear Michael...

    I don't want to change font color in tornado.. I want to change
    text color in target system. Where to verify whether my BSP is
    supporting different text color or not?

    -Raja.

  4. Re: How to change text color

    Raja wrote:

    >Dear Michael...
    >
    > I don't want to change font color in tornado.. I want to change
    >text color in target system. Where to verify whether my BSP is
    >supporting different text color or not?

    OK, let's back up a step here. What display is it that you're want to
    control. Does your target have some kind of display integral to that
    target, such as an LCD or similar? Or, as is far more typical in an
    embedded system, are you using a terminal or terminal emulator connected
    to one of the target's serial ports?

    | two, one and one make one."

  5. Re: How to change text color

    Consider my simple example...

    void Display()
    {
    printf("\n Welcome to comp.os.vxworks");
    }

    After compiling this code , I am downloding this object file
    ("Display.o") to my target system using
    following command.

    -> ld -> Display

    whats my aim is that i want to display string "Welcome to
    comp.os.vxworks" in green color.

    I think u got doubt...

  6. Re: How to change text color

    its possible.

    in vxworks we can access video ram memory locations directly. use
    commands like
    d - to display
    m- to modify
    in your target shell(provided you should have a seperate monitor or a
    lcd display for the target. this wont be reflected in the
    hyperterminal)

    find the appropriate colour (means appr memory location) and in your
    program modify those location.

    I had done this long before in one of my project.

    regards

  7. Re: How to change text color

    Raja wrote:

    >Consider my simple example...
    >
    >void Display()
    >{
    > printf("\n Welcome to comp.os.vxworks");
    >}
    >
    >After compiling this code , I am downloding this object file
    >("Display.o") to my target system using
    >following command.
    >
    >-> ld >-> Display
    >
    >whats my aim is that i want to display string "Welcome to
    >comp.os.vxworks" in green color.
    >
    >I think u got doubt...

    "-> " indicates that you're using the shell and, unless you have redirected
    standard I/O, the shell is probably using the console serial port fo its I/O.
    If all of this is true, then the result of your printf is being transmitted
    to a terminal or terminal emulator and the technique you might use to change
    the colors depends entirely on the capabilites of that terminal or terminal
    emulator.

    | two, one and one make one."

  8. Re: How to change text color

    On 30 Dec 2005, mraja@datapatterns.co.in wrote:

    > Consider my simple example...

    [snip]

    > whats my aim is that i want to display string "Welcome to
    > comp.os.vxworks" in green color.

    > I think u got doubt...

    Try changing your routine to this,

    void Display()
    {
    printf("\n \x27[32mWelcome to comp.os.vxworks\x27[0m");
    }

    hth,
    Bill Pringlemeir.

    --
    Feynman on EM : our ordinary intuitions are quite wrong.

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

  9. Re: How to change text color

    This is not a vxWorks question, it is a hardware question.

    Why don't you describe your hardware environment a little better.
    Then, go to the appropriate newsgroup and ask the question again.

    For example, there are ANSI control characters to do this if your
    display is from a serial port to a serial terminal.

    And as others have mentioned, there are VGA programming methods as well.

    In either case, there is no standard vxWorks means of accomplishing this
    goal.

    Raja wrote:
    > Hi everybody..
    >
    > Can any one tell me how to change text color in vxworks ? .. If
    > possible where can i find those details?
    >
    > -Raja.

+ Reply to Thread