windview not available? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on windview not available? - VxWorks ; hi. i have a problem when starting tornado II in windows xp . during the splash screen after starting up tornado, it shows up an error message: "couldn't read file "TRY=localhost\host\resource\tcl\windview.win32.tc l" and after that, i can't see windview button ...

  1. windview not available?

    hi. i have a problem when starting tornado II in windows xp . during the
    splash
    screen after starting up tornado, it shows up an error message:
    "couldn't read file "TRY=localhost\host\resource\tcl\windview.win32.tc
    l"
    and after that, i can't see windview button on toolbar.

    i checked the host\...\tcl\ folder and found the windview.win32.tcl
    file. so anyone knows what's wrong?

    thanks!

    --
    vivekgulati

  2. Re: windview not available?

    vivekgulati wrote:
    > hi. i have a problem when starting tornado II in windows xp . during the
    > splash
    > screen after starting up tornado, it shows up an error message:
    > "couldn't read file "TRY=localhost\host\resource\tcl\windview.win32.tc
    > l"
    > and after that, i can't see windview button on toolbar.
    >
    > i checked the host\...\tcl\ folder and found the windview.win32.tcl
    > file. so anyone knows what's wrong?
    >
    > thanks!
    >

    > --
    > vivekgulati

    Vivek,
    This is a known problem with windows 2000 and xp with windview.I have
    posted 2 times the same reply for same question raised by 2 others at
    various moments of time.Please have a look at it.
    For your information:
    Windview is not compatible for win2k and winxp.For making it
    work,download an exe by name appcompat.exe,and register windview as
    winnt application with appcompat.exe and then it should work.
    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  3. Re: windview not available?

    hi list,
    There is a small hack around for this problem but for this
    either u must be in a network or must have two ethernet cards.The soln
    goes like this:

    If u fall under "two ethernet cards,standalone machine" category:
    Assign IPs to the two cards,connect a cross cable between them.Now
    windows would show u the IPs for both the cards.If the cards are not
    connected to one another,windows would accept the IP but it won't show
    it when u type ipconfig.Hence the requirement for data link(= two cards
    connected)!

    If u fall under the network-workstation category simply go ahead with
    the next steps

    Start->programs->tornado->tornado
    accept the errror(For the last time ;-) )
    in the tornado IDE:
    tools->options->Tornado-registry This happens to be the last tab.
    in this tab instead of local registry select remote registry and fill
    the box with IP address(any of the two for case I) of ur machine.OK
    close and start the tornado again.VOILA,the error doesn't pop up at the
    same time u have an additional option in the options menu that is
    windview.
    One can get its help by looking at the "now it is present" option in
    the standard help menu.

    The go around was mentioned in one of the mailing archives.It was a
    tough one for me to figure out.
    NJOY
    -kk

+ Reply to Thread