C programming on vxWorks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on C programming on vxWorks - VxWorks ; Hi I am a newbie and so I am sorry if I am repeating this question!! How do I write c code, compile it, execute it and view the output on vxWorks. I used cc386 but it says command not ...

  1. C programming on vxWorks

    Hi
    I am a newbie and so I am sorry if I am repeating this question!!
    How do I write c code, compile it, execute it and view the output on
    vxWorks.
    I used cc386 but it says command not found kind of thing.( Using
    Tornado's simulator shell for now).
    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: C programming on vxWorks

    If you are working on Tornado then you can do it using the tools
    itself. You can refer the help provided in tornado.

    HTH
    nerd

  3. Re: C programming on vxWorks

    in tornado default setting will be there. Bulid & download your .o file
    to the simulator.
    Give the entry in the shell.

  4. Re: C programming on vxWorks

    tnx, got it earlier today. Anyways I was trying to compile on vxWorks
    itself yesterday and so faced a prob. So cant we compile on the os
    itself instead of doing it in tornado and building the whole os image
    everytime??

  5. Re: C programming on vxWorks

    codenamespider@gmail.com wrote:
    > tnx, got it earlier today. Anyways I was trying to compile on vxWorks
    > itself yesterday and so faced a prob. So cant we compile on the os
    > itself instead of doing it in tornado and building the whole os image
    > everytime??

    Right. The tools (GUI, compilers, etc) can only run on the
    development host (your Windows or Solaris machine). And, yes,
    you need to build your code into either a downloadable object
    object file or into a complete VxWorks image. Every time.

  6. Re: C programming on vxWorks

    Vxworks does not run development systems software such as compiler,
    linker
    and editor on the target machine. The development environment is based
    on cross-development or remote-development method. You will need a
    UNIX machine of some sort (e.g. SUN's) to run the compilers and
    debuggers. The compiled application code can be downloaded to the
    target and runs as part of the VxWorks image. During the development
    phase or thereafter, individual object code (.o files) can be
    downloaded dynamically to running target system. Finished applications
    can be ROM'ed or whatever.

+ Reply to Thread