shared-memory anchor&addr - VxWorks

This is a discussion on shared-memory anchor&addr - VxWorks ; Dear all, I have two PowerPC boards on the same VME bus. I am trying to impelement IPC over shared memory backplane (without vxMP). Share memory will be on Master CPU's dual-port memory. Main parameters are set in config.h as ...

  1. shared-memory anchor&addr

    Dear all,

    I have two PowerPC boards on the same VME bus. I am
    trying to impelement IPC over shared memory backplane (without vxMP).
    Share memory will be on Master CPU's dual-port memory.

    Main parameters are set in config.h as follows:

    #define SM_OFF_BOARD FALSE (for Master)
    #undef SM_ANCHOR_ADRS
    #define SM_ANCHOR_ADRS ((sysProcNumGet() == 0) ? \
    ((char*) (LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS + SM_ANCHOR_OFFSET)) : \
    ((char*) (VME_A32_MSTR_LOCAL + SM_ANCHOR_OFFSET)))
    #define SM_MEM_ADRS 0x00010000
    #define SM_MEM_SIZE 0x00020000

    Both processors can boot up succesfully. Anchor address is 0x4100 for
    master,
    and 0x80004100 for slave. I can see the heartbeats using d command.

    My question is where is shared-memory region is actually located with
    these
    parameters? Where is its start address on master and slave?

    Many thanks,
    ayesyu

  2. Re: shared-memory anchor&addr

    i do the same job as you did but i use Vxmp. have you got the answer?

+ Reply to Thread