Second ATA Disk Controller Problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Second ATA Disk Controller Problem - VxWorks ; Hi, I am running VxWorks 6.1 on a Pentium target. The first ATA controller is working 100% and everything is ok if the second controller is disabled. When the second ATA controller is enabled, a variety of things may happen: ...

  1. Second ATA Disk Controller Problem

    Hi,

    I am running VxWorks 6.1 on a Pentium target.

    The first ATA controller is working 100% and everything is ok if the
    second controller is disabled.

    When the second ATA controller is enabled, a variety of things may
    happen:

    a) quick boot (30 seconds) and proper operation

    b) hang at reboot

    c) take 5 minutes to boot and work ok

    d) take 5 minutes to boot and not access the disk

    Things are ok from DOS. A DOS util shows the two ATA controllers at
    irq 14 and 15. My config.h was modified as follows:

    #define ATA1_CTRL_TYPE (IDE_LOCAL) /* ATA 1 logical type */
    #define ATA1_NUM_DRIVES (1) /* ATA 1 number drives present
    */
    #define ATA1_INT_LVL (0x0F) /* ATA 1 interrupt level */

    The intermittent behavior makes me question the irq. Is there a 'show'
    utility to show the interrupts in use?

    Any ideas about how to resolve this problem?

    Thanks,

    Mark

  2. Re: Second ATA Disk Controller Problem

    try to modify the file sysNvram.c and macros such as SYS_WARM_TYPE
    Maybe it will help you

+ Reply to Thread