Linking with archive file only. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Linking with archive file only. - VxWorks ; Hi there, When I link with the object file, I can get a valid executable. But when I'm trying to link with archive file. I don't get a valid executable. Archive file where created with arppc and option -q Linking ...

  1. Linking with archive file only.

    Hi there,

    When I link with the object file, I can get a valid executable.

    But when I'm trying to link with archive file. I don't get a valid
    executable.

    Archive file where created with arppc and option -q

    Linking was done with ldppc and option -r

    What option should I provide to be able to link with archive file only.

    Thanks,

    Huy

  2. Re: Linking with archive file only.

    On some system, I'v seen the ldppc option -Bgrouplib, is there anything
    similar under vxworks/Tornado?

    Regards,

    Huy.

    "Huy V. Le" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > When I link with the object file, I can get a valid executable.
    >
    > But when I'm trying to link with archive file. I don't get a valid
    > executable.
    >
    > Archive file where created with arppc and option -q
    >
    > Linking was done with ldppc and option -r
    >
    > What option should I provide to be able to link with archive file only.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Huy

  3. Re: Linking with archive file only.

    Huy V. Le wrote:
    > On some system, I'v seen the ldppc option -Bgrouplib, is there anything
    > similar under vxworks/Tornado?

    No.

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>When I link with the object file, I can get a valid executable.
    >>
    >>But when I'm trying to link with archive file. I don't get a valid
    >>executable.

    Please tell us more. Does the archive contain exactly the same
    object file as you linked on the command line? Please show us the
    two command lines you're trying, and list the object files in the
    archive.

+ Reply to Thread