A question about ARM exception - VxWorks

This is a discussion on A question about ARM exception - VxWorks ; In my board (ARM9), Occasionally a exception occurs as below : Branch through zero Current Processor Status Register: 0xa0000013 Task: 0x1f8a2d0 "tNetTask" Branch through zero Branch to 0x0000eb00 (tExcRegSet.r[3]) Current Processor Status Register(tEsf.cpsr): 0xa0000013 VecNumber = 0x0 rebooting system!... it ...

  1. A question about ARM exception

    In my board (ARM9), Occasionally a exception occurs as below :

    Branch through zero
    Current Processor Status Register: 0xa0000013
    Task: 0x1f8a2d0 "tNetTask"
    Branch through zero
    Branch to 0x0000eb00 (tExcRegSet.r[3])
    Current Processor Status Register(tEsf.cpsr): 0xa0000013
    VecNumber = 0x0

    rebooting system!...

    it seems that a reset exception occured in NetTask,but to my surpise ,
    cpsr register state is :0xa0000013, compared with the contents of arm
    manual,it means : N C ,supervisor mode ,but the normal IRQ and fast IRQ
    is not disabled(which is not suitable with the arm manual).

    does anybody can analyze the problem for me?

    in fact, i have hook a exception callback with excHookAdd , but it
    seems that there is no chance for the exeception callback routine to
    report current registers's state.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: A question about ARM exception

    Hi Xeon,

    xeon wrote:
    > In my board (ARM9), Occasionally a exception occurs as below :
    >
    > Branch through zero
    > Current Processor Status Register: 0xa0000013
    > Task: 0x1f8a2d0 "tNetTask"
    > Branch through zero
    > Branch to 0x0000eb00 (tExcRegSet.r[3])
    > Current Processor Status Register(tEsf.cpsr): 0xa0000013
    > VecNumber = 0x0
    >
    > rebooting system!...

    Can you please paste the complete stack dump on Reset.
    It will mostly contain the Program Counter register PC and Stack
    pointer content at the time of Reset. If you have a map file can you
    check the PC content.
    If you know your memory map layout. and have the linker produced map
    file. Debugging the exact sequence of events might be easier for you.

    > it seems that a reset exception occured in NetTask,but to my surpise ,
    > cpsr register state is :0xa0000013, compared with the contents of arm
    > manual,it means : N C ,supervisor mode ,but the normal IRQ and fast IRQ
    > is not disabled(which is not suitable with the arm manual).
    >
    > does anybody can analyze the problem for me?

    HTH,
    Prasanna Harpanhalli.

  3. Re: A question about ARM exception

    hi, thanks for your reply ,but there is a trouble is that vxWorks can
    not display the whole stack dump ,the watchdog reboot my board very
    soon.
    so, is there another suggestion?
    i will try to get the whole stack dump

+ Reply to Thread