Running C++ std::vector code on VxWorks - Memory access error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Running C++ std::vector code on VxWorks - Memory access error - VxWorks ; Hi, When I attempt to resize a column in a 2d vector I receive the error listed below. I'm using the libraries supplied with VxWorks. 0xf3fe450 (tExcTask): memPartFree: invalid block 0xf340ef0 in partition 0x311b8c Here is the example code I'm ...

  1. Running C++ std::vector code on VxWorks - Memory access error

    Hi,

    When I attempt to resize a column in a 2d vector I receive the error
    listed below.

    I'm using the libraries supplied with VxWorks.

    0xf3fe450 (tExcTask): memPartFree: invalid block 0xf340ef0 in partition
    0x311b8c

    Here is the example code I'm using to produce the error. Any idea's what
    is wrong with the code?

    Daniel.

    #include

    using namespace std;
    using std::vector;

    int main (void)
    {
    std::vector< std::vector > triangle(5);

    for(int i = 0; i < triangle.size(); i++)
    {
    triangle[i].resize(i+1);
    }
    }

  2. Re: Running C++ std::vector code on VxWorks - Memory access error

    Daniel J Watkins wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I attempt to resize a column in a 2d vector I receive the error
    > listed below.
    >
    > I'm using the libraries supplied with VxWorks.
    >
    > 0xf3fe450 (tExcTask): memPartFree: invalid block 0xf340ef0 in partition
    > 0x311b8c
    >
    > Here is the example code I'm using to produce the error. Any idea's what
    > is wrong with the code?
    >
    > Daniel.
    >
    > #include
    >
    > using namespace std;
    > using std::vector;
    >
    > int main (void)
    > {
    > std::vector< std::vector > triangle(5);
    >
    > for(int i = 0; i < triangle.size(); i++)
    > {
    > triangle[i].resize(i+1);
    > }
    > }

    I see nothing wrong (except maybe the redundant using clauses ). I
    ran it on Solaris and it successfully completed. Must be a bug in your
    STL implementation. Since it is a source library, I'd take a look had
    how resize is implemented. Maybe it has a problem with resizing a 0
    sized vector?

    REH

+ Reply to Thread