how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE - VxWorks ; Hi all... I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find the string ...

  1. how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    Hi all...

    I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    suggestions.

    Regards,
    Sudheervemana.

  2. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    sudheervemana@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all...
    >
    > I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    > development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    > the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    > the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sudheervemana.

    Sudheer,
    AFAIK and IIRC,Theres a added tool to tornado package by name
    WindNavigator which helps you to do this.Plain Tornado does not provide
    you this utility.By the way I had a Tornado2.0 package which was bought
    sometime back in year 2001 range.I am not aware whether the current
    Tornado packages come with this tool.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  3. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    ssubbarayan wrote:
    > sudheervemana@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi all...
    > >
    > > I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    > > development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    > > the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    > > the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    > > suggestions.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Sudheervemana.

    > Sudheer,
    > AFAIK and IIRC,Theres a added tool to tornado package by name
    > WindNavigator which helps you to do this.Plain Tornado does not provide
    > you this utility.By the way I had a Tornado2.0 package which was bought
    > sometime back in year 2001 range.I am not aware whether the current
    > Tornado packages come with this tool.
    >
    > Regards,
    > s.subbarayan

    Hi..

    Thanks a lot.

    Sudheervemana.

  4. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    Another thing you can try is to get cygwin, and od an od (object dump) on
    the elf or out file, and scan, or run string on it.

    "ssubbarayan" wrote in message
    news:1129610064.404158.101530@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    > sudheervemana@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi all...
    >>
    >> I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    >> development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    >> the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    >> the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    >> suggestions.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Sudheervemana.

    > Sudheer,
    > AFAIK and IIRC,Theres a added tool to tornado package by name
    > WindNavigator which helps you to do this.Plain Tornado does not provide
    > you this utility.By the way I had a Tornado2.0 package which was bought
    > sometime back in year 2001 range.I am not aware whether the current
    > Tornado packages come with this tool.
    >
    > Regards,
    > s.subbarayan

  5. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    sudheervemana@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Hi all...
    >
    > I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    >development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    >the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    >the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    >suggestions.

    I invoke the Windows search utility by typing WINKEY+F, but I suppose
    that this isn't really in the Tornado IDE.

    | two, one and one make one."

  6. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    Be careful if you are using XP for this.

    Once Tornado is installed .c and .cpp files are not searched as text files
    see:

    Regards,

    Graham Baxter
    Freelance Software Engineer (VxWorks, Linux and pSOS BSPs)
    Graham Baxter (Software) Limited
    http://www.gbsw.co.uk
    fromnewsgrp@NOSPAMgbsw.co.uk

    "Michael R. Kesti" wrote in message
    > sudheervemana@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all...
    >>
    >> I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    >>development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    >>the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    >>the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    >>suggestions.

    > I invoke the Windows search utility by typing WINKEY+F, but I suppose
    > that this isn't really in the Tornado IDE.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Kesti | "And like, one and one don't make
    > | two, one and one make one."
    > mrkesti at comcast dot net | - The Who, Bargain

  7. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    Graham Baxter wrote:

    >Be careful if you are using XP for this.
    >
    >Once Tornado is installed .c and .cpp files are not searched as text files
    >see:
    >
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;309173

    Huh! WINKEY+F has never been a problem for me because I always undo
    Tornado's associates with .c and .cpp after installation as Tornado
    is not usually the only cross development system I have installed.

    Thanks for the tip.

    | two, one and one make one."

  8. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    Hello Sudheervemana,

    sudheervemana@hotmail.com schrieb:
    > I am newbie using tornado 2.2.1 IDE for my application
    > development.In microsoft visual C++ IDE ,i am able to find an string in
    > the group of source files.But coming to this tornado IDE,how can i find
    > the string in a group of files.Please give me your valuable
    > suggestions.

    there is a tool in the Tornado world for browsing, analyzing, building
    and debugging the source code:
    SNiFF+
    Maybe you have purchased it with Tornado (depending on the package you
    are using).

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  9. Re: how to find a string in group of files inTornado IDE

    thank you very much for your suggestions.

    sudheervemana.

+ Reply to Thread