Adding ethernet device driver - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Adding ethernet device driver - VxWorks ; Hi, I added Realteck 81x59 ethernet card to my pc. And also i added the driver. The problem is while iam doing communication betn linux and vxworks system using udp protocal i can,t send or receive messages. It is giving ...

  1. Adding ethernet device driver

    Hi,

    I added Realteck 81x59 ethernet card to my pc. And also i added the
    driver. The problem is while iam doing communication betn linux and
    vxworks system using udp protocal i can,t send or receive messages. It
    is giving as HOST UNREACHble. These two systems are directly
    connected using ethernet cable.
    How to check in the target shell whether the driver is added properly
    added are or not?

    Thanks in advance
    vijay

  2. Re: Adding ethernet device driver

    Can you ping the vxworks system? Does any communication between the systems
    work, or is just UDP behaving badly?
    What type of cable is connected between the two systems? Perhaps you need a
    cross-over cable and you are not using one.

    ....Chris

    "vijay" wrote in message
    news:1129537576.648363.290650@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I added Realteck 81x59 ethernet card to my pc. And also i added the
    > driver. The problem is while iam doing communication betn linux and
    > vxworks system using udp protocal i can,t send or receive messages. It
    > is giving as HOST UNREACHble. These two systems are directly
    > connected using ethernet cable.
    > How to check in the target shell whether the driver is added properly
    > added are or not?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > vijay

  3. Re: Adding ethernet device driver

    Hi Chris,

    Just i saw that i couldn't able to ping the two systems. More ove all
    the packets sent were lost. Now i am looking at whether the ethernet
    driver is added properly or not. plz help if u could.
    Is there any API to see in the target

    With greatful Thanks for ur response

    vijay.

    Chris Doré wrote:
    > Can you ping the vxworks system? Does any communication between the systems
    > work, or is just UDP behaving badly?
    > What type of cable is connected between the two systems? Perhaps you need a
    > cross-over cable and you are not using one.
    >

    > ...Chris
    >
    > "vijay" wrote in message
    > news:1129537576.648363.290650@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I added Realteck 81x59 ethernet card to my pc. And also i added the
    > > driver. The problem is while iam doing communication betn linux and
    > > vxworks system using udp protocal i can,t send or receive messages. It
    > > is giving as HOST UNREACHble. These two systems are directly
    > > connected using ethernet cable.
    > > How to check in the target shell whether the driver is added properly
    > > added are or not?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > vijay

  4. Re: Adding ethernet device driver

    You can use ifShow "interface-name" to see whether any packets are
    coming in to that interface. Also you can use ipstatShow to get the
    same at IP stack.

    If you don't see any packets coming in at all, you might want to check
    the ethernet driver level show functions (fei/gei/eth functions).

+ Reply to Thread