how to detect the ethernet cable status whether plugged in or not - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to detect the ethernet cable status whether plugged in or not - VxWorks ; Dear All, I am looking for some information on how to check the status of the ethernet cable whether plugged in or not and also if plugged out is there a possibility for me to get any information on that ...

  1. how to detect the ethernet cable status whether plugged in or not

    Dear All,
    I am looking for some information on how to check the status of the
    ethernet cable whether plugged in or not and also if plugged out is
    there a possibility for me to get any information on that either as a
    signal or something like that .I am working on a VxWorks 5.5
    environment.The target may be anything.

    Please let me know if any information is available or any good links .
    Thanks in advance.

    Prashanth

  2. Re: how to detect the ethernet cable status whether plugged in or not

    With ifFlagGet you will be able to findout whether the interface is UP
    or DOWN.. We had a similar requirement.. But due to some problems, we
    could not use it.. You can check it up and find out whether it suits
    your need.

    Naga

    prashanth wrote:
    > Dear All,
    > I am looking for some information on how to check the status of the
    > ethernet cable whether plugged in or not and also if plugged out is
    > there a possibility for me to get any information on that either as a
    > signal or something like that .I am working on a VxWorks 5.5
    > environment.The target may be anything.
    >
    > Please let me know if any information is available or any good links .
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Prashanth

+ Reply to Thread