Please clarify - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Please clarify - VxWorks ; Hello, I'm a beginner in Vxworks. I want to know the difference between a bootable and downloadable project....

  1. Please clarify

    Hello,
    I'm a beginner in Vxworks. I want to know the difference between a
    bootable and downloadable project.

  2. Re: Please clarify

    G1 wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm a beginner in Vxworks. I want to know the difference between a
    > bootable and downloadable project.

    Hi,
    A bootable project mainly deals with a complete code which if you put
    in your target would be able to Boot the CPU and launch OS and your
    application.
    A downloadable project on the other hand usually is used to download
    applications alone.One eg., where it could be used is,when you are
    trying to provide some patch,or you are going for increamental
    development where you provide an additional feature to the already
    existing code.In case you are using downloadable project,you are going
    to upload your final binary executable on the already working Live CPU
    target which already has Boot code and Application running in it.

    One more place where you would use a downloadable project would be when
    you are using simulator.

    Hope its clear.
    Regards,
    s.subbarayan