Vxworks beginner - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Vxworks beginner - VxWorks ; HELLO EVERY ONE, I AM THINKING OF LEARNING VXWORKS NOW..CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME WHERE I HAVE TO START FROM.I HAVE VXWORKS OS IN MY PC. HOW DO I START WITH? DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO THROUGH THE BOOK FIRST ...

  1. Vxworks beginner

    HELLO EVERY ONE,

    I AM THINKING OF LEARNING VXWORKS NOW..CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME WHERE I
    HAVE TO START FROM.I HAVE VXWORKS OS IN MY PC.

    HOW DO I START WITH? DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO THROUGH THE BOOK FIRST
    AND THEN WORK ON IT OR SIMULTANEOUSLY DO BOTH THE THINGS.

    I M TOTALLY NEW TO THIS OS ...

    PLEASE SUGGEST ME.

  2. Re: Vxworks beginner

    Neeru wrote:
    > HELLO EVERY ONE,
    >
    > I AM THINKING OF LEARNING VXWORKS NOW..CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME WHERE I
    > HAVE TO START FROM.I HAVE VXWORKS OS IN MY PC.
    >
    > HOW DO I START WITH? DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO THROUGH THE BOOK FIRST
    > AND THEN WORK ON IT OR SIMULTANEOUSLY DO BOTH THE THINGS.
    >
    > I M TOTALLY NEW TO THIS OS ...
    >
    > PLEASE SUGGEST ME.

    Neeru,
    For starting with,you must be first learning RTOS concepts in
    general.Then you can go through the Vxworks Programmers manual and see
    how far you could relate RTOS concepts to Vxworks.
    You can go through the TORNADO users guide and find out how to use
    various tools provided in IDE.
    Then you should start to program using the TORNADO IDE.If you have a
    working BSP it would be great for you to try out booting,making various
    booting configurations,make device driver applications and many more!
    Theres one website which gives some sample Vxworks programs for you to
    try and learn:

    http://www.rt.db.erau.edu/experiment...fContents.html

    Have fun and happy learning!
    Regards,