How to configure target IP address - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to configure target IP address - VxWorks ; My target CPU is PowerPc 8245. It has a serial port and an Ethernet port. In order to develop the target, it is necessary to configure IP address on the target so that the host can access the target by ...

  1. How to configure target IP address

    My target CPU is PowerPc 8245. It has a serial port and an Ethernet
    port.

    In order to develop the target, it is necessary to configure IP address
    on the target so that the host can access the target by Internet.

    When the Vxworks boots, I type c [enter] and then input the IP address
    and mask. After configuration and reboot, I think I should be able to
    ping the target from the host.

    The problem is that there is no response from the target when I ping it
    from other computers. Could you help me find the reason? Thanks.

  2. Re: How to configure target IP address

    Lawrence wrote:
    > My target CPU is PowerPc 8245. It has a serial port and an Ethernet
    > port.
    >
    > In order to develop the target, it is necessary to configure IP address
    > on the target so that the host can access the target by Internet.
    >
    > When the Vxworks boots, I type c [enter] and then input the IP address
    > and mask. After configuration and reboot, I think I should be able to
    > ping the target from the host.
    >
    > The problem is that there is no response from the target when I ping it
    > from other computers. Could you help me find the reason? Thanks.

    Check if the IP address and mask you configured for your target matches
    those of your host computer.

+ Reply to Thread