unresolved symbol when downloading. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on unresolved symbol when downloading. - VxWorks ; hi all, i am a newbie to the tornado.i am using tornado2.2.1 IDE, when i am downloading the below .out file, i am facing some problem with unresolved symbols like Errors while downloading D:/Downloads/Mywork/projects/tornado_APP_pgms/virtual/SIMNTgnu/virtual.out: _cout ___rtti_class ___builtin_delete ___rtti_si ___ls__7ostreamPCc _endl__FR7ostream ...

  1. unresolved symbol when downloading.

    hi all,

    i am a newbie to the tornado.i am using tornado2.2.1 IDE, when i am
    downloading the below .out file, i am facing some problem with
    unresolved symbols like

    Errors while downloading
    D:/Downloads/Mywork/projects/tornado_APP_pgms/virtual/SIMNTgnu/virtual.out:
    _cout
    ___rtti_class
    ___builtin_delete
    ___rtti_si
    ___ls__7ostreamPCc
    _endl__FR7ostream
    ___builtin_new
    ___sjthrow
    ___rtti_user
    ___get_eh_context
    ___terminate

    what could be the reason behind this.Please help me out from
    this problem .

    regards,
    venkat.

  2. Re: unresolved symbol when downloading.

    Hello venkat,
    sudheervemana@hotmail.com schrieb:
    > i am a newbie to the tornado.i am using tornado2.2.1 IDE, when i am
    > downloading the below .out file, i am facing some problem with
    > unresolved symbols like

    > what could be the reason behind this.Please help me out from
    > this problem .

    You are obviously trying to download a C++ application.
    I guess, that the simulatior is not configured for C++.
    So reconfigure and build the simulator by ading the c++ support to the
    bootable project, you need to create.

    Hope it helps.

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  3. Re: unresolved symbol when downloading.

    There may be another possibility that the function you download call
    some functions which are not exist in your downloadable image
    "vxWorks.st".
    When meeting with this error, tornado will give this "unresolved
    symbols"
    message.

    If the problem is what I described, you should find out these undefined
    functions, and either define them or call another function instead.

    Martin Raabe wrote:
    > Hello venkat,
    > sudheervemana@hotmail.com schrieb:
    > > i am a newbie to the tornado.i am using tornado2.2.1 IDE, when i am
    > > downloading the below .out file, i am facing some problem with
    > > unresolved symbols like

    > > what could be the reason behind this.Please help me out from
    > > this problem .

    > You are obviously trying to download a C++ application.
    > I guess, that the simulatior is not configured for C++.
    > So reconfigure and build the simulator by ading the c++ support to the
    > bootable project, you need to create.
    >
    > Hope it helps.
    >
    > --
    > BaSystem Martin Raabe
    > E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  4. Re: unresolved symbol when downloading.

    sudheervemana@hotmail.com wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > i am a newbie to the tornado.i am using tornado2.2.1 IDE, when i am
    > downloading the below .out file, i am facing some problem with
    > unresolved symbols like
    >

    > Errors while downloading
    > D:/Downloads/Mywork/projects/tornado_APP_pgms/virtual/SIMNTgnu/virtual.out:
    > _cout
    > ___rtti_class
    > ___builtin_delete
    > ___rtti_si
    > ___ls__7ostreamPCc
    > _endl__FR7ostream
    > ___builtin_new
    > ___sjthrow
    > ___rtti_user
    > ___get_eh_context
    > ___terminate
    >

    > what could be the reason behind this.Please help me out from
    > this problem .
    >
    > regards,
    > venkat.

    Venkat,
    I would like to add my tip along with others who have given their
    tips.Actually when your are working on C++,you should be doing "_extern
    C"
    in your application.I am not really aware whether you would have done
    it.In case you have not done it,just google with in this group for
    extern C and you would find a solution for your problem ,incase what I
    said is the route cause.
    I remember seeing same sort of query being posted a few days back.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  5. Re: unresolved symbol when downloading.

    I'm also new to VxWorks and currently using Tornado 2.2.1 to do the
    same thing. The ___builtin_delete has to be provided. I don't know what
    it *should* do, but you can at least make the linker happy by simply
    declaring and defining it in your source code:

    void inline __builtin_delete( void * arg ) {}

    The ___get_eh_context is related to exception handling (eh). Our
    particular application does not require this (let's not debate
    that...), so I added -fno-exceptions to the compiler arguments in the
    build properties.

    The rest of my load errors are like yours, terminate(), all the rtti
    ones, etc.
    I'm trying to use some STL (vector), so I'm also getting things like
    this:

    __malloc_alloc_template<0>::__malloc_alloc_oom_handler
    __default_alloc_template::_S_start_free
    __default_alloc_template::_S_end_free
    __default_alloc_template::_S_heap_size
    __default_alloc_template::_S_free_list

    I've seen the advice here and elsewhere that the simpc does not have
    C++ support compiled in by default and that you must build your own
    simpc kernel. I have tried this, but cannot get it to compile because
    my Tornado apparently does not have the C++ component available for the
    simpc platform. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread