mv5500 pciDeviceShow - VxWorks

This is a discussion on mv5500 pciDeviceShow - VxWorks ; Hi, I've been working with getting 2 pmc modules up and running on a Moto MVME5500 VME card and although both cards are now up and running I have some questions. 1. When I do a pciDeviceShow 0 - is ...

  1. mv5500 pciDeviceShow

    Hi,
    I've been working with getting 2 pmc modules up and running on a Moto
    MVME5500 VME card and although both cards are now up and running I have some
    questions.
    1. When I do a pciDeviceShow 0 - is see the a2d pmc's device ID,
    pciDeviceShow 1 shows 1 or 2 other devices but not my 2nd pmc module, and
    finally doing a pciDeviceShow 2 - shows my 2nd module. When I worked with
    the MVME 2400 series cards there were only 2 PMC busses - one for each slot
    on the SBC. - bus 0 and 1. I sort of discovered bus 2 by accident and can't
    find any documentation that tells me how this bus is set up. The 5500 has 2
    PMC slots 1 and 2, and I was under the impression that each slot would be on
    a different bus (0 or 1), but there is a call in the BSP (maxPMCbussses or
    something like that) reports 3. Thus I have busses 0,1, and 2 on the 5500. I
    can't get a copy of the Marvell 64260? data sheet so where can I find some
    info on what is going on here?
    2. The second PMC module I am installing requires and extra 16MB of space.
    In the 2432/4 versions I had to change sysLib.c to map out this area and
    also change the sysPhysMemDescr array. On the 5500 I just changed the
    PCI0MemSize macro in config.h and did nothing with the sysPhysMemDescr. I
    had to redo the bootrom with this change to get the second card to
    pciAutoConfig. I'm pretty sure the array is changed by code reading in the
    macro values.

    Unfortunately I don't have my code accessible right now, so I can't paste my
    changes here. Can someone direct me to or simply explain the PCI bus layout
    of this card and why isn't it documented somewhere? I don't have a copy of
    the PCI spec - perhaps that would explain it.

    Thanks

    CTW

  2. Re: mv5500 pciDeviceShow

    pciDeviceShow(0)
    pciDeviceShow(1)
    pciDeviceShow(2)
    pciDeviceShow(3)

    the marvell 643xx has 2 bridges, with 2 subbridges. I cursed this board for
    2 whole days until I said "WTF" and discovered the alternative device
    bridges by trying all possible combinations.

    "cwoodring" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've been working with getting 2 pmc modules up and running on a Moto
    > MVME5500 VME card and although both cards are now up and running I have
    > some questions.
    > 1. When I do a pciDeviceShow 0 - is see the a2d pmc's device ID,
    > pciDeviceShow 1 shows 1 or 2 other devices but not my 2nd pmc module, and
    > finally doing a pciDeviceShow 2 - shows my 2nd module. When I worked with
    > the MVME 2400 series cards there were only 2 PMC busses - one for each
    > slot on the SBC. - bus 0 and 1. I sort of discovered bus 2 by accident
    > and can't find any documentation that tells me how this bus is set up.
    > The 5500 has 2 PMC slots 1 and 2, and I was under the impression that each
    > slot would be on a different bus (0 or 1), but there is a call in the BSP
    > (maxPMCbussses or something like that) reports 3. Thus I have busses 0,1,
    > and 2 on the 5500. I can't get a copy of the Marvell 64260? data sheet so
    > where can I find some info on what is going on here?
    > 2. The second PMC module I am installing requires and extra 16MB of space.
    > In the 2432/4 versions I had to change sysLib.c to map out this area and
    > also change the sysPhysMemDescr array. On the 5500 I just changed the
    > PCI0MemSize macro in config.h and did nothing with the sysPhysMemDescr. I
    > had to redo the bootrom with this change to get the second card to
    > pciAutoConfig. I'm pretty sure the array is changed by code reading in
    > the macro values.
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't have my code accessible right now, so I can't paste
    > my changes here. Can someone direct me to or simply explain the PCI bus
    > layout of this card and why isn't it documented somewhere? I don't have a
    > copy of the PCI spec - perhaps that would explain it.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > CTW

+ Reply to Thread