Hello, I'm a vxWorks DHCP newbie. I'm trying to get a simple DHCP
server and client started on the same board (XChange1100). I included
'DHCP server' and 'DHCPv4 runtime client' in my vxWorks project and it
linked and started ok. However when I do an 'i' from the windShell, I
see that the DHCP server and client have an errno of '3d002' associated
with it which translates to object not available. What am I missing? I
discovered this problem when I got a dhcpcBind() error of "Error status
symbol table not included (errno = 0x16)" (code shown below). The
ifunit("lo0") and dhcpcInit() calls returned ok. I suspect my
dhcpcBind() error is because my DHCP server (and client) tasks had the
3d002 error. I tried running the server and client on separate boards
and still got this same problem.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-> i

NAME ENTRY TID PRI STATUS PC SP
ERRNO DELAY
---------- ------------ -------- --- ---------- -------- --------
------- -----
..
..
..
tDhcpcReadTdhcpcRead 3f8cfe78 56 PEND f359c 3f8cfbc8
3d0002 0
tDhcpsTask dhcpsStart 3f8c7f88 56 PEND f359c 3f8c7cf8
3d0002 0

////////////////////////////////

bool bootRequest(void)
{
bool tmp=true;
struct ifnet *pIf;

bool dhcpSync=true;

pIf = ifunit("lo0");

pLeaseCookie=dhcpcInit(pIf, true);

if(NULL==pLeaseCookie)
{
printf("dhcpcInit failed\n");
}

dhcpcOptionSet(pLeaseCookie, _DHCP_LEASE_TIME_TAG);

if(OK!=dhcpcBind(pLeaseCookie, dhcpSync))
{
printErrno(errnoGet());
}
else
{
if(ERROR == dhcpcServerGet(pLeaseCookie ,&DasSAddr ))
{
printf("Could not get Server Address\n");
}
}
printf("end of bootRequest\n");
}