VxWorks hangs until I press "i" - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks hangs until I press "i" - VxWorks ; Hi! I have an application running VxWorks 5.5. My hardware has got a little module with LCD+Keypad connected through Serial Port. The core routine of my software run without any error, but the output on the WindShell and on the ...

  1. VxWorks hangs until I press "i"

    Hi!
    I have an application running VxWorks 5.5. My hardware has got a little
    module with LCD+Keypad connected through Serial Port.
    The core routine of my software run without any error, but the output
    on the WindShell and on the LCD sometimes doesn't work properly.
    I know these outputs are buffered, and so they don't work so nice, but
    here is a problem, because the output hangs. And it keeps running only
    when I press Enter on the Shell terminal.
    How can I avoid this strange problem ? In future I'm going to have no
    keyboard and no Target Server....

    Thanks
    Mattia

  2. Re: VxWorks hangs until I press "i"

    mattia wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I have an application running VxWorks 5.5. My hardware has got a little
    > module with LCD+Keypad connected through Serial Port.
    > The core routine of my software run without any error, but the output
    > on the WindShell and on the LCD sometimes doesn't work properly.
    > I know these outputs are buffered, and so they don't work so nice, but
    > here is a problem, because the output hangs. And it keeps running only
    > when I press Enter on the Shell terminal.

    I have to correct myself:
    the output, through Target Shell, Sockets and Serial Ports, sometimes
    hangs, until I give some Shell Commands, like "i" or similar. Then it
    goes on...

    How can I do, in order to have a blockless behaviour?

    Thanks,
    Mattia

+ Reply to Thread