Compact flash with TFFS in Vxworks. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Compact flash with TFFS in Vxworks. - VxWorks ; Hi, I want to use the TFFS on a compact flash card. Can anyone pls point me where can I find some examples or any document describing how to do it? Thanks for your help....

  1. Compact flash with TFFS in Vxworks.

    Hi,
    I want to use the TFFS on a compact flash card. Can anyone pls point me
    where can I find some examples or any document describing how to do it?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Compact flash with TFFS in Vxworks.

    Is the compact flash card NAND or NOR technology? Does it have an ATA
    interface? Most compact flash cards are NAND technology and have an
    ATA interface. If this is the case, you don't need TFFS. The compact
    flash card will have the same I/O interface as a hard drive. It has a
    control, data and status register (or something like that). You send
    a command to read a certain sector and then grab 512 bytes from the
    data register.

    The on chip controller takes care of wear leveling, bad flash sectors,
    erasing, etc. So most of the TFFS functionality is done in hardware.
    It is possible to buy NOR compact flash cards. In this case, they are
    identical to soldered in flash for all cases I have seen.

    hth,
    Bill Pringlemeir.

    --
    It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
    - Matt Barry

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

+ Reply to Thread