Windows 2003 server, FTP and Loading VxWorks Image - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Windows 2003 server, FTP and Loading VxWorks Image - VxWorks ; I just know that others have run into this problem. During development an image is built on your desktop PC and you load it into your target using the TFTP that comes with Tornado (2.2 in our case). Now we ...

  1. Windows 2003 server, FTP and Loading VxWorks Image

    I just know that others have run into this problem. During development
    an image is built on your desktop PC and you load it into your target
    using the TFTP that comes with Tornado (2.2 in our case).

    Now we would like to move the image to our Windows 2003 Server and use
    Microsoft's FTP Server to transfer the image to the target. We are also
    supporting a GUI running under Internet Explorer that requires an FTP
    site to be set up and running which means that we cannot use the TFTP
    package that came with Tornado.

    We asked Wind River technical support about this and this is a part of
    the response -> "The only other thing I can say is the FTP service you
    use should be a Unix compliant one. I do not beleive the Windows one
    is."

    Can anyone tell me whether I can set up the Windows Server to support
    this environment?

    Thanks for any and all inputs.

  2. Re: Windows 2003 server, FTP and Loading VxWorks Image

    "rocketNot!" wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me whether I can set up the Windows Server to support
    > this environment?

    IIS can serve your images for sure (I currently do this).

    However, there is still one problem I have yet to solve:

    When setting up a target server, by default, it will try to get the path to
    the image from the target in order to locate the core file and symbols. The
    target returns, IIRC, the path relative to the ftp server and not a full
    path.
    So for example, the target loads /my_stuff/vxWorks from my ftp server and
    then returns /my_stuff/vxWorks as the image path. The target server then
    tries to open /my_stuff/vxWorks which makes no sense in Windows.
    In the end, I always have to explicitly specify the full path to the image
    file in order to run the target server.

    Maybe someone has a solution?

    Regards, Chris

  3. Re: Windows 2003 server, FTP and Loading VxWorks Image

    We found our problem on Friday. We had setup the FTP Server with an
    incorrect option (sorry, don't remember which one). Corrected the
    option and the FTP Server is working like expected.

    The problem that Chris describes was part of the problem. Trying to
    figure out what the FTP server was looking for in relationship to the
    full path. Ideally, the FTP Server would take the "user" to the root
    path and the FTP Client would fill in the rest of the path.

+ Reply to Thread