agging Concept in vxworks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on agging Concept in vxworks - VxWorks ; hi I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks. i mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task increase ...

  1. agging Concept in vxworks

    hi

    I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks.
    i mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer
    time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task
    increase automatically. if not what will happen to that task.

    Roby

  2. Re: agging Concept in vxworks

    robymmathew1@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks.
    > i mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer
    > time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task
    > increase automatically. if not what will happen to that task.
    >

    > Roby

    Definitely not. vxWorks is ruthlessly real-time.
    Any sort of Priority decay mechanism wouldn't be very real-time from a
    whole system point of view.

+ Reply to Thread