agging Concept in vxworks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on agging Concept in vxworks - VxWorks ; hi I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks. i mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task increase ...

  1. agging Concept in vxworks

    hi

    I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks.
    i mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer
    time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task
    increase automatically. if not what will happen to that task.

    Roby

  2. Re: agging Concept in vxworks

    robymmathew1@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks.
    > i mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer
    > time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task
    > increase automatically. if not what will happen to that task.

    No, such a mechanism is not available in VxWorks. The lower priority
    task will continue waiting until it gets execution time.

    Kind regards,
    Johan

    --
    o o o o o o o . . . _____J_o_h_a_n___B_o_r_k_h_u_i_s___
    o _____ || http://www.borkhuis.com |
    >(________|__|_[_________]_|________________________________|

    _/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`
    == VxWorks FAQ: http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html ==

  3. Re: agging Concept in vxworks

    On 25 Aug 2005, robymmathew1@gmail.com wrote:

    > I want to know whether there is any agging concept in vxworks. i
    > mean if a lower priority task is waiting for cpu time for a longer
    > time(in ready state) will the priority of the lower priority task
    > increase automatically. if not what will happen to that task.

    No. See taskSwitchHook() and taskPrioritySet() [unsure of exact
    names]. You can do it yourself if you want.

    hth,
    Bill Pringlemeir.

    --
    Nature intended me for the tranquil pursuits of Science by rendering
    them my supreme delight. - Thomas Jefferson

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

+ Reply to Thread