streaming data from VxWorks target to host! - VxWorks

This is a discussion on streaming data from VxWorks target to host! - VxWorks ; Hello everyone I am trying to find out if it is possible to send stream data from a vxworks target to host. Currently I use TSFS and use calls open() and write() to read data from SDRAM and write to ...

  1. streaming data from VxWorks target to host!

    Hello everyone

    I am trying to find out if it is possible to send stream data from a
    vxworks target to host. Currently I use TSFS and use calls open() and
    write() to read data from SDRAM and write to a file on the host PC.

    I was wondering, instead of using open()/write() calls, if it is
    possible to read the data from SDRAM and send it as a stream over the
    network to the Host. In the host, I have a media player which is
    capable of opening a network device.

    So is it possible to achieve this using TSFS or any other vxworks
    features? Actually, if I use open and write calls , I cannot access the
    file, till I close the file ( Which makes me wait a while before I can
    play the file).

    Looking for some ideas.

    Thanks

    Abhishek

  2. Re: streaming data from VxWorks target to host!

    ioctl with FIOFLUSH and FIOSYNC might flush/sync the TSFS filesystem...

    Jamie

+ Reply to Thread