How to read an "Exception at interrupt level" error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to read an "Exception at interrupt level" error - VxWorks ; Hi, How to read a vxWorks "Exception at interrupt leve" error? I included a sample below. Thanks, Exception at interrupt level:Illegal Instruction. Program Counter: 0x00000008. Status Register: 0x2304. Regs at 0xbe2a4. workQPanic: Kernel work queue overflow ...NV...

  1. How to read an "Exception at interrupt level" error

    Hi,
    How to read a vxWorks "Exception at interrupt leve" error? I included a
    sample below.

    Thanks,

    Exception at interrupt level:Illegal Instruction.
    Program Counter: 0x00000008.
    Status Register: 0x2304.
    Regs at 0xbe2a4.
    workQPanic: Kernel work queue overflow
    ...NV

  2. Re: How to read an "Exception at interrupt level" error

    hichembf@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How to read a vxWorks "Exception at interrupt leve" error? I included a
    > sample below.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Exception at interrupt level:Illegal Instruction.
    > Program Counter: 0x00000008.
    > Status Register: 0x2304.
    > Regs at 0xbe2a4.
    > workQPanic: Kernel work queue overflow
    > ..NV

    Hi,
    I would not be able to decipher the exact error from the register
    information given by you,but I can let you know abt reason for "kernel
    work queue overflow"..
    This error mainly occurs when the interrupts are raised more frequently
    then the thresh hold of handling capacity of your processor.One main
    reason for this to happen would be not locking the interrupts till u
    finished processing one.But again locking should done with extreme
    caution as that would add to system overhead and so depending on your
    application you should decide what would be exact frequencies of
    raising interrupts and find out and make sure your application does not
    cross that level.One way to simulate this would be to attach a hardware
    switch to the interrupt line of your cpu which causes this interrupt
    and then see at what instance of interrupt your processor crashes.This
    is a crude way,there could be other better ways too.
    Theres lot of information available in this group regarding "kernel
    work queue overflow error",you can google with in this group and can
    find out these information.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    s.subbarayan