uio.h - VxWorks

This is a discussion on uio.h - VxWorks ; I have a new installation of VxWorks 6.1 I am studying and a program that includes iosLib.h. It turns out that iosLib.h includes ioLib.h and ioLib.h includes net/uio.h. Unfortunately, uio.h has moved from target/h/het to target/h/wrn/coreip/net/uio.h. So, I think what ...

  1. uio.h

    I have a new installation of VxWorks 6.1 I am studying and a program that
    includes iosLib.h. It turns out that iosLib.h includes ioLib.h and ioLib.h
    includes net/uio.h. Unfortunately, uio.h has moved from target/h/het to
    target/h/wrn/coreip/net/uio.h.

    So, I think what has happened is that uio.h is being deprecated, but yet,
    iosLib.h is dependent on this file.

    Could someone confirm what is happening (or not happening as the case may
    be) so I can get back from the land of confusion to the place of
    contentment.

    Charles Krinke

  2. Re: uio.h

    In article
    cfk wrote:
    >I have a new installation of VxWorks 6.1 ...
    >uio.h has moved from target/h/het to
    >target/h/wrn/coreip/net/uio.h.
    >
    >So, I think what has happened is that uio.h is being deprecated, but yet,
    >iosLib.h is dependent on this file.
    >
    >Could someone confirm what is happening (or not happening as the case may
    >be) so I can get back from the land of confusion to the place of
    >contentment.

    uio.h is definitely not going away, although it is not clear to
    me where it will wind up long-term.

    You should not need to know or care where it resides, though.