PCI Interrupts - VxWorks

This is a discussion on PCI Interrupts - VxWorks ; I am using the pcPentium3 BSP and am having troubles with PCI devices and interrupts. I am having particular problems with interrupt level 7. When viewing the vector table I see that sysDelay() is associated with level 7 (int num ...

  1. PCI Interrupts

    I am using the pcPentium3 BSP and am having troubles with PCI devices and
    interrupts. I am having particular problems with interrupt level 7. When
    viewing the vector table I see that sysDelay() is associated with level 7
    (int num 39). When I add my PCI devices, one of them is assigned level 7.
    pciInt() will not be associated with level 7 despite performing the required
    pciIntLibInit(), pciIntConnect(), sysIntEnablePIC(), etc. The other PCI
    devices behave as expected and work. If I move the devices around so that
    the original device on level 7 receives a different level, it works as well.

    I have tried to figure out why level 7 is being associated with sysDelay()
    and so far I have come up empty handed. Before I spend too much time on
    this I thought I better ask if anyone knows what is going on?

    Thanks, Chris

  2. Re: PCI Interrupts

    "Chris Doré" wrote

    > I have tried to figure out why level 7 is being associated with sysDelay()
    > and so far I have come up empty handed. Before I spend too much time on
    > this I thought I better ask if anyone knows what is going on?

    I seemed to have just found it. I was always trying to figure out how
    sysDelay() was being connected. It's not! sysStrayInt() was being connected
    to "LPT_INT_LVL" after I was connecting. Now, why it was being displayed as
    sysDelay() in the vector table I don't know.

    ....Chris

+ Reply to Thread