Lan is Not working whil i boot from the flash - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Lan is Not working whil i boot from the flash - VxWorks ; Hi, We are having a pentium 4 SBC. Our Application consists of communication with different systems through Lan & serial. I have created a bootable image with all the required serial and network components. If i boot my target through ...

  1. Lan is Not working whil i boot from the flash

    Hi,

    We are having a pentium 4 SBC. Our Application consists of
    communication with different systems through Lan & serial.
    I have created a bootable image with all the required serial and
    network components. If i boot my target through Network(FTP) with this
    image, everything is working fine. Sappose if i copy the same image
    into the flash of my target and boot through flash, my application is
    not able to communicate to other systems through Lan. But socket
    creation and send system calls are not giveing any errors. it is
    giveing success. Even in config.h file also i have enabled it. What i
    feel is the network is not getting initialised. How to initialise the
    network explicitly in my application.

    regards
    ganapathy

  2. Re: Lan is Not working whil i boot from the flash

    Hello,

    ganapathy wrote:
    > We are having a pentium 4 SBC. Our Application consists of
    > communication with different systems through Lan & serial.
    > I have created a bootable image with all the required serial and
    > network components. If i boot my target through Network(FTP) with this
    > image, everything is working fine. Sappose if i copy the same image
    > into the flash of my target and boot through flash, my application is
    > not able to communicate to other systems through Lan. But socket
    > creation and send system calls are not giveing any errors. it is
    > giveing success. Even in config.h file also i have enabled it. What i
    > feel is the network is not getting initialised. How to initialise the
    > network explicitly in my application.

    This is a common problem:
    See http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxwor...pt3.html#3.2-A

    Kind regards,