Usb device file creation - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Usb device file creation - VxWorks ; I am trying to create usb device file with the following code ttyDevCreate ("/tyCo/3\0", NULL, 512, 262144); open("/tyCo/3\0", 0, 0); I am getting exception. More insight into the code . =================== Whenever I insert the USB the following msg is ...

  1. Usb device file creation

    I am trying to create usb device file with the following code

    ttyDevCreate ("/tyCo/3\0", NULL, 512, 262144);
    open("/tyCo/3\0", 0, 0);

    I am getting exception.

    More insight into the code .
    ===================

    Whenever I insert the USB the following msg is displayed on the
    hyperterminal
    /bd0 Bulk device is created

    I doubt the name which specified during the ttyDevCreate.
    I dont know what name has to be given to create the usb device.

    Regards,
    Imran

  2. Re: Usb device file creation

    imran30682@gmail.com wrote:

    >I am trying to create usb device file with the following code
    >
    > ttyDevCreate ("/tyCo/3\0", NULL, 512, 262144);

    ttyDevCreate() creates devices for serial channels rather than USB.

    >open("/tyCo/3\0", 0, 0);
    >
    >I am getting exception.

    This is not a surprise. That NULL you provided as the second parameter of
    ttyDevCreate() is supposed to point to an SIO_CHAN structure. This stucture
    is accessed when you call open() and either elements of the structure itself
    or where members of the structure point are invalid memory locations.

    >More insight into the code .
    >===================
    >
    >Whenever I insert the USB the following msg is displayed on the
    >hyperterminal
    > /bd0 Bulk device is created
    >
    >I doubt the name which specified during the ttyDevCreate.

    Yes, and you should as it cannot be a valid device.

    >I dont know what name has to be given to create the usb device.

    It is "/bd0" as displayed on your console (hyperterminal).

    >Regards,
    >Imran

    For future reference: always sepcify the versions of VxWorks and Tornado/
    Workbench you are using as well as the target architecture and toolset
    when posting questions.