PCI BAR0 with 8349 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on PCI BAR0 with 8349 - VxWorks ; Hi, I am facing a problem..Any one find this kind of situation? I had connected a PCI device with MPC8349. POBAR1 = 0x90000000 POTAR1 = 0x50000000 POCMR1 =0xA00fc000 (64 MB) after running the auto configuration the BAR0 0f the pci ...

  1. PCI BAR0 with 8349

    Hi,

    I am facing a problem..Any one find this kind of situation?

    I had connected a PCI device with MPC8349.

    POBAR1 = 0x90000000
    POTAR1 = 0x50000000
    POCMR1 =0xA00fc000 (64 MB)

    after running the auto configuration the BAR0 0f the pci device get
    0x90100000
    According my under standing it should be like 0x50100000 likwe
    that..tHe the BAR0 of PCI device is holding the PCI address space
    instead of address of local bus in MPC side.

    NB:
    When configured with the values.
    POBAR1 = 0x90000000
    POTAR1 = 0x90000000
    POCMR1 =0xA00fc000

    The device is working properly.The BAR0 = 0x90100000 which correct I
    guess.

    Anyone can please explain?

    Regards,
    Nabendu

  2. Re: PCI BAR0 with 8349

    Hi

    As far as I know the Pci library works fine only with one-to-one
    mapping of the memory space.

    agnibhu.

    Nabendu wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am facing a problem..Any one find this kind of situation?
    >

    > I had connected a PCI device with MPC8349.
    >
    > POBAR1 = 0x90000000
    > POTAR1 = 0x50000000
    > POCMR1 =0xA00fc000 (64 MB)
    >
    > after running the auto configuration the BAR0 0f the pci device get
    > 0x90100000
    > According my under standing it should be like 0x50100000 likwe
    > that..tHe the BAR0 of PCI device is holding the PCI address space
    > instead of address of local bus in MPC side.
    >

    > NB:
    > When configured with the values.
    > POBAR1 = 0x90000000
    > POTAR1 = 0x90000000
    > POCMR1 =0xA00fc000
    >
    > The device is working properly.The BAR0 = 0x90100000 which correct I
    > guess.
    >
    > Anyone can please explain?
    >

    > Regards,
    > Nabendu

  3. Re: PCI BAR0 with 8349

    Thanks Deepu.
    Is it feature/fault of vxworks PCI library?

    On Apr 30, 10:22 am, Deepu wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > As far as I know the Pci library works fine only with one-to-one
    > mapping of the memory space.
    >
    > agnibhu.
    >
    > Nabendu wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I am facing a problem..Any one find this kind of situation?

    > > I had connected a PCI device with MPC8349.

    > > POBAR1 = 0x90000000
    > > POTAR1 = 0x50000000
    > > POCMR1 =0xA00fc000 (64 MB)

    > > after running the auto configuration the BAR0 0f the pci device get
    > > 0x90100000
    > > According my under standing it should be like 0x50100000 likwe
    > > that..tHe the BAR0 of PCI device is holding the PCI address space
    > > instead of address of local bus in MPC side.

    > > NB:
    > > When configured with the values.
    > > POBAR1 = 0x90000000
    > > POTAR1 = 0x90000000
    > > POCMR1 =0xA00fc000

    > > The device is working properly.The BAR0 = 0x90100000 which correct I
    > > guess.

    > > Anyone can please explain?

    > > Regards,
    > > Nabendu