What is the network service to MUX - VxWorks

This is a discussion on What is the network service to MUX - VxWorks ; Dear All, I want to build a NAT-enabled vxWorks system. But I meet some problems. There are 2 END drivers (interface) in my vxWorks, and I configured BSP to router mode. Then I tried to add NAT service to my ...

  1. What is the network service to MUX

    Dear All,

    I want to build a NAT-enabled vxWorks system. But I meet some
    problems.

    There are 2 END drivers (interface) in my vxWorks, and I configured
    BSP to router mode.

    Then I tried to add NAT service to my vxWorks. Did I need to register
    my NAT to MUX ( by HookAdd )??

    Does NAT be one kind of network service to MUX ( which described in
    WindRiver Network programmer's Guide)??

    In my thought, I need to use ipAttach() to register 2 END drivers to
    MUX first. This action tell MUX where are the END_RVT_RTN,
    END_SENT_RTN.

    And I also need to use HookAdd to register NAT to MUX. This tell MUX
    when packet comes from LAN_END to WAN_END, MUX can call NAT to do
    address transfer?

    Is any thing wrong of my thought????

    Thank You.

  2. Re: What is the network service to MUX

    On Apr 24, 7:40*am, "Raymond.Lin" wrote:

    Hi,

    > I want to build a NAT-enabled vxWorks system. But I meet some
    > problems.
    >
    > There are 2 END drivers (interface) in my vxWorks, and I configured
    > BSP to router mode.
    >
    > Then I tried to add NAT service to my vxWorks. Did I need to register
    > my NAT to MUX ( by HookAdd )??

    In order to unconditionally launch the NAT Agent service, please use
    the project facility to include this module (refer to appropriate
    Network Programmer's Guide) and re-build the VxWorks image.

    > Does NAT be one kind of network service to MUX ( which described in
    > WindRiver Network programmer's Guide)??

    Yes.

    > In my thought, I need to use ipAttach() to register 2 END drivers to
    > MUX first. This action tell MUX where are the END_RVT_RTN,
    > END_SENT_RTN.

    Correct.

    > And I also need to use HookAdd to register NAT to MUX.

    This is made automatically upon adding the module to VxWorks image.
    Your config.h file should define INCLUDE_NATxxx statements to allow
    desired functionality, like various ALGs.

    This tell MUX
    > when packet comes from LAN_END to WAN_END, MUX can call NAT to do
    > address transfer?

    This is achieved by editing the NAT configuration array.

    > Is any thing wrong of my thought????
    >
    > Thank You.

    HTH.
    maximb

  3. Re: What is the network service to MUX

    Hi maxim,

    > Yes.
    >
    > > In my thought, I need to use ipAttach() to register 2 END drivers to
    > > MUX first. This action tell MUX where are the END_RVT_RTN,
    > > END_SENT_RTN.

    > Correct.
    >
    > > And I also need to use HookAdd to register NAT to MUX.

    > This is made automatically upon adding the module to VxWorks image.
    > Your config.h file should define INCLUDE_NATxxx statements to allow
    > desired functionality, like various ALGs.
    >
    > This tell MUX

    In my config.h, no INCLUDE_NATxxx. My VxWorks image is built under non-
    PNE platform environment. Right now, I have to port NAT module from
    PNE platform to my VxWorks image manually. So I face the problem how
    to register NAT module to MUX??

    I planed to use ipFilterHookAdd(), for example,
    ipFilterHookAdd(nat_filter_hook()). The nat_filter_hook() is the API I
    ported from NAT module of PNE platform. Is there any wrong of my
    plan??

    Another problem is, what is the difference between IP-stack and NAT
    ( related to MUX )??

    As you mentioned above, ipAttach() bind IP-stack, MUX and END driver
    together. How about NAT?? I means that I did not know the relationship
    about IP-stack, NAT, MUX and END??

    Could you please help to clarify my thought? Thank You.

    Raymond.Lin

+ Reply to Thread