semlib deprecated functions - VxWorks

This is a discussion on semlib deprecated functions - VxWorks ; Hi, I'm working on workbench 2.6 vxworks 6.4 and I got: semLib.h:200: error: `deprecated' was not declared in this scope... "please use semBLib instead" the problem is that semBLib header doesn't exist on my whole hard disk !! I have ...

  1. semlib deprecated functions

    Hi,

    I'm working on workbench 2.6 vxworks 6.4 and I got:
    semLib.h:200: error: `deprecated' was not declared in this scope...
    "please use semBLib instead"

    the problem is that semBLib header doesn't exist on my whole hard
    disk !!

    I have many vxworks includes that includes this one upon my source
    object.

    How I can come out?
    many thanks

  2. Re: semlib deprecated functions

    On Apr 22, 3:23 pm, lucsar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working on workbench 2.6 vxworks 6.4 and I got:
    > semLib.h:200: error: `deprecated' was not declared in this scope...
    > "please use semBLib instead"
    >
    > the problem is that semBLib header doesn't exist on my whole hard
    > disk !!
    >
    > I have many vxworks includes that includes this one upon my source
    > object.
    >
    > How I can come out?
    > many thanks

    It is not about including semBLib.h in your project and there no such
    file.
    Just open the file semLib, LineNo :200.

    /* workaround Diab handling of deprecated attribute in C++ */

    extern STATUS semOLibInit (void) _WRS_DEPRECATED ("please use
    semBLib instead");

    The error is coming from this line.
    So it is not about header inclusion problem. you might have used some
    deprecated feature like, semOLibInit. Or check for any dependency with
    Diab compiler.

    Regards,
    Deepu D

  3. Re: semlib deprecated functions

    On 22 avr, 13:08, Deepu wrote:
    > On Apr 22, 3:23 pm, lucsar wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I'm working on workbench 2.6 vxworks 6.4 and I got:
    > > semLib.h:200: error: `deprecated' was not declared in this scope...
    > > "please use semBLib instead"

    > > the problem is that semBLib header doesn't exist on my whole hard
    > > disk !!

    > > I have many vxworks includes that includes this one upon my source
    > > object.

    > > How I can come out?
    > > many thanks

    > It is not about including semBLib.h in your project and there no such
    > file.
    > Just open the file semLib, LineNo :200.
    >
    > /* workaround Diab handling of deprecated attribute in C++ */
    >
    > extern STATUS semOLibInit (void) _WRS_DEPRECATED ("please use
    > semBLib instead");
    >
    > The error is coming from this line.
    > So it is not about header inclusion problem. you might have used some
    > deprecated feature like, semOLibInit. Or check for any dependency with
    > Diab compiler.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Deepu D

    thank you very much!

    but, It seems that semOLibInit is not used in any place on this module
    and I don't know which option to set for diab compiler... I'm still
    searching..

+ Reply to Thread