Changing machine's IP on the fly - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Changing machine's IP on the fly - VxWorks ; Hi all. Can anyone please tell me what is the sequence of functions I need to call in order to change the IP address of my machine on the fly? Thanks, Ofer...

  1. Changing machine's IP on the fly

    Hi all.

    Can anyone please tell me what is the sequence of functions I need to
    call in order to change the IP address of my machine on the fly?

    Thanks,

    Ofer

  2. Re: Changing machine's IP on the fly

    On Apr 13, 4:12*am, ofe...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me what is the sequence of functions I need to
    > call in order to change the IP address of my machine on the fly?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ofer

    The above question is referring to vxWorks 5.5.1
    Thanks.

  3. Re: Changing machine's IP on the fly

    ofergr@gmail.com wrote:

    >On Apr 13, 4:12 am, ofe...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi all.
    >>
    >> Can anyone please tell me what is the sequence of functions I need to
    >> call in order to change the IP address of my machine on the fly?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Ofer

    >The above question is referring to vxWorks 5.5.1
    >Thanks.

    RTFM for ifLib which provides:

    ifAddrAdd( ) - Add an interface address for a network interface
    ifAddrSet( ) - set an interface address for a network interface
    ifAddrGet( ) - get the Internet address of a network interface
    ifBroadcastSet( ) - set the broadcast address for a network interface
    ifBroadcastGet( ) - get the broadcast address for a network interface
    ifDstAddrSet( ) - define an address for the other end of a point-to-point link
    ifDstAddrGet( ) - get the Internet address of a point-to-point peer
    ifMaskSet( ) - define a subnet for a network interface
    ifMaskGet( ) - get the subnet mask for a network interface
    ifFlagChange( ) - change the network interface flags
    ifFlagSet( ) - specify the flags for a network interface
    ifFlagGet( ) - get the network interface flags
    ifMetricSet( ) - specify a network interface hop count
    ifMetricGet( ) - get the metric for a network interface
    ifRouteDelete( ) - delete routes associated with a network interface
    ifunit( ) - map an interface name to an interface structure pointer

    | two, one and one make one."

  4. Re: Changing machine's IP on the fly

    On Apr 13, 10:43 am, "Michael R. Kesti"
    wrote:
    > ofe...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >On Apr 13, 4:12 am, ofe...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> Hi all.

    > >> Can anyone please tell me what is the sequence of functions I need to
    > >> call in order to change the IP address of my machine on the fly?

    > >> Thanks,

    > >> Ofer

    > >The above question is referring to vxWorks 5.5.1
    > >Thanks.

    > RTFM for ifLib which provides:
    >
    > ifAddrAdd( ) - Add an interface address for a network interface
    > ifAddrSet( ) - set an interface address for a network interface
    > ifAddrGet( ) - get the Internet address of a network interface
    > ifBroadcastSet( ) - set the broadcast address for a network interface
    > ifBroadcastGet( ) - get the broadcast address for a network interface
    > ifDstAddrSet( ) - define an address for the other end of a point-to-point link
    > ifDstAddrGet( ) - get the Internet address of a point-to-point peer
    > ifMaskSet( ) - define a subnet for a network interface
    > ifMaskGet( ) - get the subnet mask for a network interface
    > ifFlagChange( ) - change the network interface flags
    > ifFlagSet( ) - specify the flags for a network interface
    > ifFlagGet( ) - get the network interface flags
    > ifMetricSet( ) - specify a network interface hop count
    > ifMetricGet( ) - get the metric for a network interface
    > ifRouteDelete( ) - delete routes associated with a network interface
    > ifunit( ) - map an interface name to an interface structure pointer
    >
    > --
    > Michael Kesti | "And like, one and one don't make
    > | two, one and one make one."
    > mrkesti at hotmail dot com | - The Who, Bargain

    No need to clear the DNS, or whatever? There are lots of posts of
    problems with this issue.
    Thanks

  5. Re: Changing machine's IP on the fly

    ofergr@gmail.com wrote:

    >No need to clear the DNS, or whatever?

    I've not had to do this sort of thing but the networks in which my products
    operate are deliberately kept small and isolated in order to keep them as
    predictably responsive as possible.

    > There are lots of posts of
    >problems with this issue.

    Hmmm. I read this group every day and cannot say I recall such articles.
    I searched the Google archives, too, without finding anything of the kind.
    Can you provide any references to such?