PCI Express support - VxWorks

This is a discussion on PCI Express support - VxWorks ; Does vxWorks support PCI express? If it does not, where can I find some demo code to write my own PCI express card driver? Thanks. Sheng...

  1. PCI Express support

    Does vxWorks support PCI express?
    If it does not, where can I find some demo code to write my own PCI
    express card driver?
    Thanks.
    Sheng

  2. Re: PCI Express support

    On Apr 12, 9:29 am, Fighter wrote:
    > Does vxWorks support PCI express?
    > If it does not, where can I find some demo code to write my own PCI
    > express card driver?
    > Thanks.
    > Sheng

    Which version of VxWorks u are using. The VxWorks has introduced a new
    framwork called VxBus from 6.0 onwards.
    So we have a VxBus based PCI Express driver out of the box. But you
    can port the legacy PCI library to support the PCI Express features.
    The PCI Express and PCI are 100% software compatible. But there is
    difference is accessing the configuration space that we have to take
    care in the code. This is largely depend on the Processor part.

    Regards,
    Deepu

  3. Re: PCI Express support

    On Apr 18, 3:00 am, Deepu wrote:
    > On Apr 12, 9:29 am, Fighter wrote:
    >
    > > Does vxWorks support PCI express?
    > > If it does not, where can I find some demo code to write my own PCI
    > > express card driver?
    > > Thanks.
    > > Sheng

    > Which version of VxWorks u are using. The VxWorks has introduced a new
    > framwork called VxBus from 6.0 onwards.
    > So we have a VxBus based PCI Express driver out of the box. But you
    > can port the legacy PCI library to support the PCI Express features.
    > The PCI Express and PCI are 100% software compatible. But there is
    > difference is accessing the configuration space that we have to take
    > care in the code. This is largely depend on the Processor part.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Deepu

    Thanks a lot for your info.
    I am using 6.4.
    Do you have source code for VxBus based PCIe support?
    Thanks.

  4. Re: PCI Express support

    On Apr 21, 7:19 am, Fighter wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 3:00 am, Deepu wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 12, 9:29 am, Fighter wrote:

    > > > Does vxWorks support PCI express?
    > > > If it does not, where can I find some demo code to write my own PCI
    > > > express card driver?
    > > > Thanks.
    > > > Sheng

    > > Which version of VxWorks u are using. The VxWorks has introduced a new
    > > framwork called VxBus from 6.0 onwards.
    > > So we have a VxBus based PCI Express driver out of the box. But you
    > > can port the legacy PCI library to support the PCI Express features.
    > > The PCI Express and PCI are 100% software compatible. But there is
    > > difference is accessing the configuration space that we have to take
    > > care in the code. This is largely depend on the Processor part.

    > > Regards,
    > > Deepu

    > Thanks a lot for your info.
    > I am using 6.4.
    > Do you have source code for VxBus based PCIe support?
    > Thanks.

    Sorry I can not share the source code as it is proprietary. But as
    your already have 6.4, you might have the customer login to the
    Windriver website,right ?
    Then you can download the patch for the PCIe. There are some BSP
    supports the PCIe, that you can download from Windriver.com.
    Or Upgrade to VxWorks 6.5

    Regards,
    Deepu

+ Reply to Thread