Serial Port Error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Serial Port Error - VxWorks ; Has anyone ever experienced the following error: After you first initialize a serial port, the first byte of data that is sent causes a "?" (question mark) to be posted to the shell interface. This also removes this byte from ...

  1. Serial Port Error

    Has anyone ever experienced the following error:

    After you first initialize a serial port, the first byte of data that
    is sent causes a "?" (question mark) to be posted to the shell
    interface. This also removes this byte from the buffer, such that if
    you are expecting 5 bytes you would only receive 4 in the buffer.

    Thanks for the help,
    Nicholas Christian

  2. Re: Serial Port Error

    On Apr 9, 2:57 pm, Nicholas Christian
    wrote:
    > Has anyone ever experienced the following error:
    >
    > After you first initialize a serial port, the first byte of data that
    > is sent causes a "?" (question mark) to be posted to the shell
    > interface. This also removes this byte from the buffer, such that if
    > you are expecting 5 bytes you would only receive 4 in the buffer.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    > Nicholas Christian

    I have discovered the issue. The reason for the error was the console
    was not properly removed from listening to the serial port.

+ Reply to Thread