TCP Performance - VxWorks

This is a discussion on TCP Performance - VxWorks ; Hello All, I would like to transfer large amount of inormation over TCP, and unfortunately I'm unable to achieve good performance. My target is: ADS8272 (PPC), VxWorks 6.3. Network driver is the standard "motfcc". The network connection is 100BaseT, Half ...

  1. TCP Performance

    Hello All,

    I would like to transfer large amount of inormation over TCP, and
    unfortunately I'm unable to achieve good performance.

    My target is:
    ADS8272 (PPC), VxWorks 6.3.
    Network driver is the standard "motfcc".
    The network connection is 100BaseT, Half Duplex.

    On the host (WinXP), I wrote a simple server that does the usual TCP
    server routine:
    socket -> bind -> listen -> accept, followed by a multiple
    s.

    On the target, a simple TCP client does:
    socket -> connect, followed by a loop of until the server
    disconnects.

    With this simple scenario, the top speed I measured was 800KB/S.

    I've also tried setting NODELAY, RCVBUF and SNDBUF socket options, but
    didn't see any noticeable improvement.

    Any help and tips would be greatly appriciated.

    Thanks,
    Allen.

  2. Re: TCP Performance

    On Apr 6, 3:05 pm, "A.Holden" wrote:

    > I would like to transfer large amount of inormation over TCP, and
    > unfortunately I'm unable to achieve good performance.

    > With this simple scenario, the top speed I measured was 800KB/S.

    Sorry - my bad.

    Was using very small buffer in calls. Once the buffer size was
    increased - speed went up to 7.5 MB/s.

+ Reply to Thread