sending an ethernet frame - VxWorks

This is a discussion on sending an ethernet frame - VxWorks ; Hi Guys. I am novice to vxworks - I need to send an ethernet frame from an application which runs on a box with two NICs. In linux this can be done using RAW sockets (after binding that socket to ...

  1. sending an ethernet frame

    Hi Guys.

    I am novice to vxworks - I need to send an ethernet frame from an
    application which runs on a box with two NICs.

    In linux this can be done using RAW sockets (after binding that socket
    to a physical NIC) & a sockaddr_ll structure gives access to control
    the ethernet header. Please point me to the right structure or a hook
    function OR any other correct method to achieve this in vxworks.

    Thanks
    Ramesh

  2. Re: sending an ethernet frame

    On Mar 31, 3:29 pm, Ramesh wrote:
    > Hi Guys.
    >
    > I am novice tovxworks- I need to send anethernetframefrom an
    > application which runs on a box with two NICs.
    >
    > In linux this can be done using RAW sockets (after binding that socket
    > to a physical NIC) & a sockaddr_ll structure gives access to control
    > theethernetheader. Please point me to the right structure or a hook
    > function OR any other correct method to achieve this invxworks.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ramesh

    Got it, its just two routines:
    ifunit & etheroutput. Works fine

  3. Re: sending an ethernet frame

    etheroutput is not available in my vxworks5.5 ?

    "Ramesh" ????
    > On Mar 31, 3:29 pm, Ramesh wrote:
    >> Hi Guys.
    >>
    >> I am novice tovxworks- I need to send anethernetframefrom an
    >> application which runs on a box with two NICs.
    >>
    >> In linux this can be done using RAW sockets (after binding that socket
    >> to a physical NIC) & a sockaddr_ll structure gives access to control
    >> theethernetheader. Please point me to the right structure or a hook
    >> function OR any other correct method to achieve this invxworks.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Ramesh

    > Got it, its just two routines:
    > ifunit & etheroutput. Works fine

  4. Re: sending an ethernet frame

    AFAIK - These are present in 5.4 and are no longer available from 5.5

    On Apr 6, 6:21 am, "Jason Huo" wrote:
    > etheroutput is not available in my vxworks5.5 ?
    >
    > "Ramesh" ????news:09877717-a83e-4ec2-bea8-8f8b2dea12f1@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
    >

    > > On Mar 31, 3:29 pm, Ramesh wrote:
    > >> Hi Guys.

    > >> I am novice tovxworks- I need to send anethernetframefrom an
    > >> application which runs on a box with two NICs.

    > >> In linux this can be done using RAW sockets (after binding that socket
    > >> to a physical NIC) & a sockaddr_ll structure gives access to control
    > >> theethernetheader. Please point me to the right structure or a hook
    > >> function OR any other correct method to achieve this invxworks.

    > >> Thanks
    > >> Ramesh

    > > Got it, its just two routines:
    > > ifunit & etheroutput. Works fine