I've read in this forum that people found years ago problems when using
Pentium II and Pentium III boards under VxWorks 5.4 and their associated
BSPs for Pentium and PentiumPro.

It seems that the main problem was a looonger startup time (1 minute),
due to a certain function related to MMU initialization.

I suppose that those problems "disappeared" with VxWorks 5.5 and their
new associated drivers for the Pentium familiy.

Now, I don't want to buy another version of VxWorks. I have 5.4.2 and
that's OK. But I'm interested in newer Pentium-like chips.

Can anyone recommend me some "modern" Pentium-like micros compatible
with VxWorks 5.4.2 ? Tested solutions would be fantastic.