VxWorks 6.6 with SMP - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks 6.6 with SMP - VxWorks ; Hi Friends, I am porting the BSP with SMP to X86 arch. I have added the "SMP support in kernel" in VIP creation and undef the INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE in BSP. Then VxWorks OS is working with SMP. But it is working ...

  1. VxWorks 6.6 with SMP

    Hi Friends,
    I am porting the BSP with SMP to X86 arch.

    I have added the "SMP support in kernel" in VIP creation
    and undef the INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE in BSP. Then VxWorks OS is working
    with SMP. But it is working only with serial port.

    When I enable the INCLUDE_PC_CONSOLE, the VxWorks OS gets hang.

    Without SMP, the INCLUE_PC_CONSOLE is working fine.

    The version is VxWorks 6.6.

    Please give your ideas.

    -Thanks
    K.Ananth

  2. Re: VxWorks 6.6 with SMP

    Have you added VxBus support to your BSP? You must use the VxBus
    version of PC Console with SMP.

    On Mar 17, 7:33 am, ananthk...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Friends,
    > I am porting the BSP with SMP to X86 arch.
    >
    > I have added the "SMP support in kernel" in VIP creation
    > and undef the INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE in BSP. Then VxWorks OS is working
    > with SMP. But it is working only with serial port.
    >
    > When I enable the INCLUDE_PC_CONSOLE, the VxWorks OS gets hang.
    >
    > Without SMP, the INCLUE_PC_CONSOLE is working fine.
    >
    > The version is VxWorks 6.6.
    >
    > Please give your ideas.
    >
    > -Thanks
    > K.Ananth