How to include TrueFFS in VIP - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to include TrueFFS in VIP - VxWorks ; Hi I am very new to vxworks and workbench (as it is obvious from my question). I am building a VIP for x86 architecture. I downloaded the BSP from windriver site. I want to add TrueFFS into the image. I've ...

  1. How to include TrueFFS in VIP

    Hi
    I am very new to vxworks and workbench (as it is obvious from my
    question).
    I am building a VIP for x86 architecture.
    I downloaded the BSP from windriver site. I want to add TrueFFS
    into the image. I've included the following components also
    INCLUDE_XBD_BLKDEV
    INCLUDE_DOSFS
    and sysTffs.c is also present in the BSP.
    My problem is that -- INCLUDE_TFFS is grey italics in the
    kernel configuration editor. How can I include it in the VIP?

    Thanks
    Rudhir

  2. Re: How to include TrueFFS in VIP

    Rudhir wrote:

    >Hi
    >I am very new to vxworks and workbench (as it is obvious from my
    >question).
    >I am building a VIP for x86 architecture.
    >I downloaded the BSP from windriver site. I want to add TrueFFS
    >into the image. I've included the following components also
    >INCLUDE_XBD_BLKDEV
    >INCLUDE_DOSFS
    >and sysTffs.c is also present in the BSP.
    >My problem is that -- INCLUDE_TFFS is grey italics in the
    >kernel configuration editor. How can I include it in the VIP?

    The grey italics indicate that Workbench was unable to find the TFFS
    object file(s) in the archives. This is probably because you have not
    purchased and/or installed the optional TFFS package.

    | two, one and one make one."

  3. Re: How to include TrueFFS in VIP

    On Mar 17, 9:00*am, Rudhir wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am very new to vxworks and workbench (as it is obvious from my
    > question).
    > I am building a VIP for x86 architecture.
    > I downloaded the BSP from windriver site. I want to add TrueFFS
    > into the image. I've included the following components also
    > INCLUDE_XBD_BLKDEV
    > INCLUDE_DOSFS
    > and sysTffs.c is also present in the BSP.
    > My problem is that -- INCLUDE_TFFS is grey italics in the
    > kernel configuration editor. How can I include it in the VIP?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rudhir

    Hi,

    It is useful to know TFFS support on NOR flash memory is included into
    "standard" VxWorks package. To use TrueFFS with NAND you must buy a
    3rd party module (see datalight provider). I am not sure for all
    platform but on my PPC I must re-buy an external module.

    Another idea. Do you have re-compiled all the lib / target lib (this
    idea is valid for NOR flash only) ?

    Regards,

+ Reply to Thread