memPartAlloc: block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on memPartAlloc: block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0. - VxWorks ; Hi Guys, I am running vxworks5.4.2 and running heavy traffic through my board,after some time I get the messages memPartAlloc: block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0. I have gone through some of the posts but could not get ...

  1. memPartAlloc: block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0.

    Hi Guys,
    I am running vxworks5.4.2 and running heavy traffic through my
    board,after some time I get the messages
    memPartAlloc: block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0.
    I have gone through some of the posts but could not get any useful
    info.Can anybody give some tips on the following.
    1.I am getting the "block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0"
    messages from different application tasks and from system tasks
    (tNetTask) as well and I observed that for all the 'block too big
    'messages the partition ID is showing same even though different
    applications have their own partitions .My question here is Why it is
    showing the same partition ID for different tasks even though they
    have their own partitions created(All the tasks created partitions
    from system partition only but they should have different partition
    ID's and in the block too big messages it should show the
    corresponding partition ID but it is showing system partition ID only
    for all the tasks)

    Thanks in advance,
    Svr.

  2. Re: memPartAlloc: block too big - 4080 in partition 0x8080b1b0.

    Hi,

    Did you check for memory leak? Try running slow traffic thorugh your
    board and look for out of memShow to see in memory consumption
    increases gradually.

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

+ Reply to Thread