Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !! - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !! - VxWorks ; Hi , I am using pthread functionalities in PPC8540 environment with VxWorks5.5.1 / Tornado2.2.1 I am getting following unresolved symbols. pthread_cond_signal pthread_create pthread_cancel sem_destroy sem_wait sem_post pthread_setcancelstate sem_init pthread_cond_init pthread_mutex_unlock pthread_self pthread_mutex_lock pthread_cond_wait pthread_mutex_trylock pthread_mutex_init pthread_join Can anybody please let ...

  1. Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !!

    Hi ,

    I am using pthread functionalities in PPC8540 environment with
    VxWorks5.5.1 / Tornado2.2.1

    I am getting following unresolved symbols.

    pthread_cond_signal
    pthread_create
    pthread_cancel
    sem_destroy
    sem_wait
    sem_post
    pthread_setcancelstate
    sem_init
    pthread_cond_init
    pthread_mutex_unlock
    pthread_self
    pthread_mutex_lock
    pthread_cond_wait
    pthread_mutex_trylock
    pthread_mutex_init
    pthread_join

    Can anybody please let me know how to resolve these symbols?

    Thank you !

    Regards
    Satish.

  2. Re: Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !!

    On Mar 11, 8:09*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > I am using pthread functionalities in PPC8540 environment with
    > VxWorks5.5.1 / Tornado2.2.1
    >
    > I am getting following unresolved symbols.
    >
    > pthread_cond_signal
    > pthread_create
    > pthread_cancel
    > sem_destroy
    > sem_wait
    > sem_post
    > pthread_setcancelstate
    > sem_init
    > pthread_cond_init
    > pthread_mutex_unlock
    > pthread_self
    > pthread_mutex_lock
    > pthread_cond_wait
    > pthread_mutex_trylock
    > pthread_mutex_init
    > pthread_join
    >
    > Can anybody please let me know how to resolve these symbols?
    >
    > Thank you !
    >
    > Regards
    > Satish.

    You need to enable posix threads in your BSP

  3. Re: Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !!

    On Mar 12, 10:06*pm, Matt Havener wrote:
    > On Mar 11, 8:09*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi ,

    > > I am using pthread functionalities in PPC8540 environment with
    > > VxWorks5.5.1 / Tornado2.2.1

    > > I am getting following unresolved symbols.

    > > pthread_cond_signal
    > > pthread_create
    > > pthread_cancel
    > > sem_destroy
    > > sem_wait
    > > sem_post
    > > pthread_setcancelstate
    > > sem_init
    > > pthread_cond_init
    > > pthread_mutex_unlock
    > > pthread_self
    > > pthread_mutex_lock
    > > pthread_cond_wait
    > > pthread_mutex_trylock
    > > pthread_mutex_init
    > > pthread_join

    > > Can anybody please let me know how to resolve these symbols?

    > > Thank you !

    > > Regards
    > > Satish.

    > You need to enable posix threads in your BSP- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you. Can you please let me know how to enable them in BSP??

    Can you detail steps we need to do ??

    Regards
    Satish.

  4. Re: Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !!

    On Mar 13, 12:26*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 12, 10:06*pm, Matt *Havener wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 11, 8:09*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Hi ,

    > > > I am using pthread functionalities in PPC8540 environment with
    > > > VxWorks5.5.1 / Tornado2.2.1

    > > > I am getting following unresolved symbols.

    > > > pthread_cond_signal
    > > > pthread_create
    > > > pthread_cancel
    > > > sem_destroy
    > > > sem_wait
    > > > sem_post
    > > > pthread_setcancelstate
    > > > sem_init
    > > > pthread_cond_init
    > > > pthread_mutex_unlock
    > > > pthread_self
    > > > pthread_mutex_lock
    > > > pthread_cond_wait
    > > > pthread_mutex_trylock
    > > > pthread_mutex_init
    > > > pthread_join

    > > > Can anybody please let me know how to resolve these symbols?

    > > > Thank you !

    > > > Regards
    > > > Satish.

    > > You need to enable posix threads in your BSP- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you. Can you please let me know how to enable them in BSP??
    >
    > Can you detail steps we need to do ??
    >
    > Regards
    > Satish.

    If you need extremely detailed info on building your BSP, see your
    documentation or VxWorks documentation. On Tornado 2.2 (for VxWorks
    5.5), its configured by enabling the item in the VxWorks tab, under
    operating system components -> POSIX components -> POSIX threads

    - Matt

  5. Re: Undefined symbols of pthreads in PPC environment !!

    On Mar 13, 9:37*pm, Matt Havener wrote:
    > On Mar 13, 12:26*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > You need to enable posix threads in your BSP- Hide quoted text -

    > > Hi,

    > > Thank you. Can you please let me know how to enable them in BSP??

    > > Can you detail steps we need to do ??

    > > Regards
    > > Satish.

    > If you need extremely detailed info on building your BSP, see your
    > documentation or VxWorks documentation. On Tornado 2.2 (for VxWorks
    > 5.5), its configured by enabling the item in the VxWorks tab, under
    > operating system components -> POSIX components -> POSIX threads
    >
    > - Matt- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for your information. But unfortunately, our customers are not
    ready to update their BSP for enabling pthreads

    support. Is there any other way by which we can resolve undefined
    symbols for pthread operations which are mentioned in above post??

    Thanks in Advance !

    Regards
    Satish.

+ Reply to Thread