ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations - VxWorks ; Hi, I am trying to compile one of my already existing project in VisualStudios (hooked to tornado), adding some more files (.c file) to it. I am getting following error: file1.c ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations ...

  1. ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

    Hi,

    I am trying to compile one of my already existing project in
    VisualStudios (hooked to tornado), adding some more files (.c file) to
    it.

    I am getting following error:

    file1.c
    ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations
    file2.c
    ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations
    file3.c
    ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

    Please help in this regard.

    P.S. : Im not able to find any useful link which explains ccppc in
    detail about the errors, if anybody has an idea please let me know.

    Regards,
    Asad

  2. Re: ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

    On Mar 11, 4:24*am, "asadullah.k...@in.abb.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to compile one of my already existing project in
    > VisualStudios (hooked to tornado), adding some more files (.c file) to
    > it.
    >
    > I am getting following error:
    >
    > file1.c
    > ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations
    > file2.c
    > ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations
    > file3.c
    > ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations
    >
    > Please help in this regard.
    >
    > P.S. : Im not able to find any useful link which explains ccppc in
    > detail about the errors, if anybody has an idea please let me know.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Asad

    ccppc is just an old version of gcc with vxworks extensions, so look
    up error messages in relation to gcc.

    ccppc links together multiple .o's using a different method that most
    compilers. Look at the output line in Tornado starting with "ccppc -r -
    nostdlib -Wl,-X -Wl,@..\prjObjs.lst" for hints to the syntax.

  3. Re: ccppc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

    Hi Asad,

    Please post you complete command here. I have seen this error when
    user forget to specify -(hyphen) infront of include path or something
    similar in syntax error.

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

+ Reply to Thread