Linking problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Linking problem - VxWorks ; Hi, I am Vijay Bhaskar. I am facing some linking problems while running the program in Diab compiler. For referrence i am pasting the linking problem below. Undefined symbol 'atan2' in file 'filename.o' After that i have added the corresponding ...

  1. Linking problem

    Hi,
    I am Vijay Bhaskar. I am facing some linking problems while
    running the program in Diab compiler.

    For referrence i am pasting the linking problem below.

    Undefined symbol 'atan2' in file 'filename.o'

    After that i have added the corresponding library function in
    linker options (libm.a) to avoid this problem.

    I got rid of above probelm, but i am facing some other problem
    which is also pasated below.

    Undefined symbol

    '__errno_fn' in file 'atan2.o(C:\diab\5.2.1.0\PPCEH\libm.a

    I am unable to resolve the above problem.

    Can u please provide me the solution to avoid the above problem

    (or)

    Can u please provide me any new solution, whenver we are using
    liabrary functions like atan (or) sqrt.

    Kindly do the needful.

    Regards,
    Vijay Bhaskar

  2. Re: Linking problem

    Hello,

    Based on your post I assume that you are developing code for the
    VxWorks kernel environment. The VxWorks kernel application development
    model is rather different from a more standard (say Unix or Windows)
    application development model. With VxWorks you do not link (on the
    host) your kernel application with the VxWorks libraries. You have to
    configure in the system whatever feature you need (here the
    INCLUDE_ANSI_MATH component it seems), then link statically or
    dynamically (i.e. using the target loader) your kernel application
    with the VxWorks image.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    PAD