Problem with usbTool - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Problem with usbTool - VxWorks ; The system I used were vxWorks 6.3 and Workbench 2.5. My target board was Versalogic Cobra SBC. -> usbTool usbTool: USB exerciser, version 01f Copyright (c) 2004, Wind River Systems, Inc. usb>usbi USB2 Host Stack Initialized. USB Hub Driver Initialized ...

  1. Problem with usbTool

    The system I used were vxWorks 6.3 and Workbench 2.5. My target board
    was Versalogic Cobra SBC.
    -> usbTool
    usbTool: USB exerciser, version 01f
    Copyright (c) 2004, Wind River Systems, Inc.
    usb>usbi
    USB2 Host Stack Initialized.
    USB Hub Driver Initialized
    USBD Wind River Systems, Inc. 560 Initialized
    usbdInit() returned OK
    usbdInitialize() returned 0
    usbdClientRegister() returned 0
    usbdClientHandle = 0x1864620
    USBD version = 0x0230
    USBD mfg = 'Wind River Systems, Inc.'
    usb>attach uhci
    attaching UHCI host controller SUCCESSFUL.
    usb>mouseTest
    Press [enter] to terminate polling.

    The problem is that the mouseTest doesn't show the X Y cordinates like
    it should.

    when I tried:
    usb>usben
    bus count = 2
    enumerating bus 0
    hub 0x1
    port count = 2
    port 0 not connected
    port 1 not connected
    enumerating bus 1
    hub 0x101
    port count = 2
    port 0 not connected
    port 1 not connected

    If I tried:
    usb>attach ohci
    Error attaching OHCI host controller.

  2. Re: Problem with usbTool

    On Mar 9, 11:57 am, Wang Hongwu wrote:
    > The system I used were vxWorks 6.3 and Workbench 2.5. My target board
    > was Versalogic Cobra SBC.
    > -> usbTool
    > usbTool: USB exerciser, version 01f
    > Copyright (c) 2004, Wind River Systems, Inc.
    > usb>usbi
    > USB2 Host Stack Initialized.
    > USB Hub Driver Initialized
    > USBD Wind River Systems, Inc. 560 Initialized
    > usbdInit() returned OK
    > usbdInitialize() returned 0
    > usbdClientRegister() returned 0
    > usbdClientHandle = 0x1864620
    > USBD version = 0x0230
    > USBD mfg = 'Wind River Systems, Inc.'
    > usb>attach uhci
    > attaching UHCI host controller SUCCESSFUL.
    > usb>mouseTest
    > Press [enter] to terminate polling.
    >
    > The problem is that the mouseTest doesn't show the X Y cordinates like
    > it should.
    >
    > when I tried:
    > usb>usben
    > bus count = 2
    > enumerating bus 0
    > hub 0x1
    > port count = 2
    > port 0 not connected
    > port 1 not connected
    > enumerating bus 1
    > hub 0x101
    > port count = 2
    > port 0 not connected
    > port 1 not connected
    >
    > If I tried:
    > usb>attach ohci
    > Error attaching OHCI host controller.

    Hi,
    Sometimes Mouse is not detected by BIOS. So before booting
    (everytime) the VxWorks, check whether mouse is detected by BIOS or
    not.

    Test the USB Mass storage device, it will be detected by BIOS
    correctly. So it will work correctly.

    -Regards,
    K.Ananth

  3. Re: Problem with usbTool

    On Mar 10, 12:57 am, Wang Hongwu wrote:
    > The system I used were vxWorks 6.3 and Workbench 2.5. My target board
    > was Versalogic Cobra SBC.
    > -> usbTool
    > usbTool: USB exerciser, version 01f
    > Copyright (c) 2004, Wind River Systems, Inc.
    > usb>usbi
    > USB2 Host Stack Initialized.
    > USB Hub Driver Initialized
    > USBD Wind River Systems, Inc. 560 Initialized
    > usbdInit() returned OK
    > usbdInitialize() returned 0
    > usbdClientRegister() returned 0
    > usbdClientHandle = 0x1864620
    > USBD version = 0x0230
    > USBD mfg = 'Wind River Systems, Inc.'
    > usb>attach uhci
    > attaching UHCI host controller SUCCESSFUL.
    > usb>mouseTest
    > Press [enter] to terminate polling.
    >
    > The problem is that the mouseTest doesn't show the X Y cordinates like
    > it should.
    >
    > when I tried:
    > usb>usben
    > bus count = 2
    > enumerating bus 0
    > hub 0x1
    > port count = 2
    > port 0 not connected
    > port 1 not connected
    > enumerating bus 1
    > hub 0x101
    > port count = 2
    > port 0 not connected
    > port 1 not connected
    >
    > If I tried:
    > usb>attach ohci
    > Error attaching OHCI host controller.

    ur host controller is UHCI..is it successfully working?
    Try Mass storage/keyboard.If those are working fine then there is no
    problem in UHCI.Then MOuse also should work.
    usbkeyboard attach as i remember and then keyboard test for keyboard.

    usbEnum should show the port to which you have connected to the
    device..

    also one thing to remember is your mouse is usb 2? or your host?
    Connect the mouse to your host through usb v2.0 hub to your host.

    In our case we had used MPC8347 and its working very fine after using
    a hub,may be due some power requirement/no support for usb 1.1 device
    directly.

+ Reply to Thread